Fascinating

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's good to know that drinking doesn't kill brain cells! Still have my liver to worry about, though...

Pretty cool. It's always interesting to see how much of what I take as truth is wrong :shock:

Funny that one of the more rational people on the board quotes Wikipedia so oft?

whiskeywillow":dwxgf7ol said:
Well it's good to know that drinking doesn't kill brain cells! Still have my liver to worry about, though...
:lol!:

The easiest way to avoid carrying around misconceptions is to simply not believe anything that anyone tells you!

puros_bran":vvcfaj3b said:
Funny that one of the more rational people on the board quotes Wikipedia so oft?
On "taught in school" subjects (as opposed to biographical or political issues) Wiki is arguably the most reliable online source in the world. It has an extremely high level of ongoing oversight, and errors last only minutes. Textbooks never had it so good.

Don't believe me? Go ahead and deliberately put an error into an article on music theory, math, astronomy, physics, or similar, and tell me how how it works out for ya. ;)

Keep believing that knucklehead and eventually you'll be so dumb they'll give you your CDL back....

puros_bran":c1wf5iui said:
Keep believing that knucklehead and eventually you'll be so dumb they'll give you your CDL back....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, I'm workin' on it. As for my CDL it's still current. :p

Its evident ..

One last story and then goodnight.. several weeks ago we recieved a corporate email advising us that anyone driving in a "whiteout" will be suspended ..anyone having any kind of accident in a "white out" would be fired.. preventable or not... I asked three seperate people for a definition of white out because the email came from Florida and their interpretation may vary from mine .. no response..

This weekend they put electronic logs in all the trucks to try to combat CSA 11..
I told the terminal manager they would regret both policy before i left yesterday ..he just shrugged..

I shut down ( first time i have done so in 12-13 years without actual road closing) at 14:40 today in northern Ohio... roads aren't THAT bad bit the four wheelers are ditching ..

At 15:20 i recieved. "Hero I need you tomorrow in the worst way.. I need a container Yankee for the day.. name your price..anything, we are going to lose a customer "

My response? "Remember that shrug yesterday? I told you so, cars are wrecking and I'm not risking my job and when i do manage to get back I'll be out of hours.. Your safe and compliant driver, Brandon.. PS. Thanks for elogs"

He'd fire me if he could.. lol...he can't..lol..he'd have to hire a dry bulk driver, a liquid driver, a cryo driver, a container driver, and a compressed air driver...lol

puros_bran":sd5ujllu said:
One last story and then goodnight.. several weeks ago we recieved a corporate email advising us that anyone driving in a "whiteout" will be suspended ..anyone having any kind of accident in a "white out" would be fired.. preventable or not... I asked three seperate people for a definition of white out because the email came from Florida and their interpretation may vary from mine .. no response..

This weekend they put electronic logs in all the trucks to try to combat CSA 11..
I told the terminal manager they would regret both policy before i left yesterday ..he just shrugged..

I shut down ( first time i have done so in 12-13 years without actual road closing) at 14:40 today in northern Ohio... roads aren't THAT bad bit the four wheelers are ditching ..

At 15:20 i recieved. "Hero I need you tomorrow in the worst way.. I need a container Yankee for the day.. name your price..anything, we are going to lose a customer "

My response? "Remember that shrug yesterday? I told you so, cars are wrecking and I'm not risking my job and when i do manage to get back I'll be out of hours.. Your safe and compliant driver, Brandon.. PS. Thanks for elogs"

He'd fire me if he could.. lol...he can't..lol..he'd have to hire a dry bulk driver, a liquid driver, a cryo driver, a container driver, and a compressed air driver...lol
Sweeeeet. 8) :lol:

L-Man":tksxj8vg said:
Wiki is arguably the most reliable online source in the world.
It has an extremely high level of ongoing oversight, and errors last only minutes . . . Don't believe me?
Don't believe you.

L-Man":tksxj8vg said:
Go ahead and deliberately put an error into an article on music theory, math, astronomy, physics, or similar, and tell me how how it works out for ya.
Here's a more meaningful one. Try editing in (the omitted) accounts of any of the Israeli massacres of Palestinians throughout the twentieth century in the Israel history section.

Good luck :D

:face:

Yak":qyjy580b said:
L-Man":qyjy580b said:
It has an extremely high level of ongoing oversight, and errors last only minutes . . . Don't believe me?
Don't believe you.

L-Man":qyjy580b said:
Go ahead and deliberately put an error into an article on music theory, math, astronomy, physics, or similar, and tell me how how it works out for ya.
Here's a more meaningful one. Try editing in (the omitted) accounts of any of the Israeli massacres of Palestinians throughout the twentieth century in the Israel history section.

Let's see...

I said:

On "taught in school" subjects (as opposed to biographical or political issues) Wiki is arguably the most reliable online source in the world. It has an extremely high level of ongoing oversight, and errors last only minutes.

C'mon, Yak. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yak":f74you26 said:
L-Man":f74you26 said:
Don't believe you.

L-Man":f74you26 said:

A whole different can of worms, but then, that's what the Barnes Review is for. :study:

So history can be censored, re-written or fabricated with impunity because it's a "political" subject ?

Like the lying inflation and unemployment rates the government puts out are OK because that's "politics" also ?

I may be loosely wrapped. But I'm not schizoid. At least not to that degree.

Yak":27nfgxo9 said:
So history can be censored, re-written or fabricated with impunity because it's a "political" subject ?

Like the lying inflation and unemployment rates the government puts out are OK because that's "politics" also ?

I may be loosely wrapped. But I'm not schizoid. At least not to that degree.

I'm not disagreeing. Check out Pulvers Briar for a discussion about the censorship of Huckleberry Finn. Good stuff.