Favorite activity while smoking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

Reaction score
Okay, I'm so friggin ADD, that I always have to bring something with me while I'm smoking. Although, since I've cut down on the caffeine, I'm enjoying silence more than usual. :shock:

That said, I'm your typical "outdoor only" smoker, as my wife barely tolerates my hobby. :(
(Truth is: She's actually pretty cool about it, but worries about my health.)

Okay, back to my original point. What activity do you partake in while smoking your pipe? I'll often listen to my current Audible book, as I'm an Audible fanatic. I listen to two books a month. Sometimes I'll bring my laptop with me on the back porch and watch a Netflix movie.

As many of you, I enjoy nothing more than the good company of one of my buddies while smoking the pipe, but that is a very, rare treat, indeed. Most of the time I'm a solitary smoker.

So, let's see did I make any fraggin sense?

Question: What are your activities while smoking your pipe. Oh, and keep it clean! :lol!:

I spend most of my time in front of the computer, but one of my favorite things to do in the summer is to sit out on the deck and listen to a ballgame on the radio.

I'm pretty boring...I usually just read. Now and then I throw a DVD in for some background noise.

I like to read or watch TV while smoking. I don't like being around people who always have to flap their yaps just because someone else is in the room. A book doesn't do that and I can turn the TV off. I like walking in the woods with a good smoke too.

I can't/don't smoke in the house and with the dismal Ohio weather the past few weeks I've found myself only smoking in the car.

I have a 45 minute drive to and from work everyday. On the way home - almost daily - I smoke 1 bowl and listen to the radio.

I get to smoke inside. Most of the time in it's in front of my laptop, occasionally watching TV.

Always in a seated position…..Usually watching a movie or documentary.

Well, for me it works the other way: I don't have favorite activities when smoking a pipe, I smoke a pipe when I'm involved in activities that allow it. Having said that, most of the times I'm reading or working at the computer.

I enjoy a good CD or DVD-A while smoking. I love good music and it goes great with the relaxing motions of pipe smoking. Once in a while, i'll watch a movie or something like that.

During warmer weather, it's sitting outside around the fire pit and smoking a full bowl of EMP. Something about the fire and a good English Blend just makes things seem right.

For me it depends on the activity and size of the pipe. Big, handholder pipes and I usually sit, watching TV, movie etc. Smaller clentchers, I'll be active walking around doing stuff, working on the 'puter, cooking etc. I've even washed the dishes in the sink while smoking but after twice dropping it in the water i don't do this anymore :oops: Inside/outside in the car in the house I SMOKE :) ( I'm single and live with 4 kittehs so that helps :p )

Reply to threads on BoB. :p

I also enjoy going for walks in the city or the woods, reading, listening to radio podcasts and watching the occasional movie while smoking a favored blend.

I usually watch a DVD; I find that the concentration that I need to properly engage with a smoke, and to evaluate it, if need be, not just enjoy it, is available with the visual images and their content; whereas reading pulls me away from the smoke.

In Ye Olde Days, when I could smoke inside, it was mostly reading while smoking a pipe -- most outdoor smoking was a cigar while out for a stroll. These days, some in the car and the rest while out for a stroll. I guess when the weather improves, I might sit in the car while reading -- I did that a bit in the autumn.

If i have horses to shoe that day,, I will wait till I'm done for the day, as I dont want to offend a client. In todays world, especially in the horse world, "Image is key"
So, I usually smoke on the way home, then during evening chores.

But, when its slow, like now :D
I will have a smoke while feeding /chores in the morning, then maybe like right now :roll: in the house :D , but I am next to a window, and with the heater blowin, the smoke goes outside.

Then evening chores again.

My boy is in 4-h, and one of his projects is backpacking/hiking, so lately, we head up the mountain , out the back door here, and I'll smoke while walking. That way, I just enjoy my pipe, and leave him alone to navigate without my help.

:D

I too am an "outdoor" smoker - by decree of my wife. Except now that it is freezing outside, I use half my garage as a "den." I have grown accustom to reading, listening to classical music and smoking a pipe. I'm on my fourth book since mid December and I owe it all to smoking pipes! :cheers:

Just like Dave (-In-Philly), I'll listen to baseball sitting outside on my back porch.

I find I am very relaxed and content after reading and smoking uninterupted for an hour.

During the winter I like to read or surf the internet while smoking. During the rest of the year any good weather days I like to sit on my porch with a drink and my pipe. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that I can smoke in my house.

I sit, I read, listen to shortwave/Coast to Coast late at night, or music during the day. Pure and simple.

I only smoke outside at home on the porch (by my choosing), and the temperature or weather don't bother me too much. If I'm out and about with a pipe, I find a nice place to relax (alone, preferably) and begin the ritual.

I have problems socializing with non-pipe smokers when smoking, and walking and smoking seem to have two different breath-rhythms to them which I don't get into.

As I've mentioned, I like the concept of the "Zen art of doing nothing," and being totally content, I'm just cheating with the pipe. :lol:

8)

Kyle Weiss":ycmsygra said:
I have problems socializing with non-pipe smokers when smoking
This should be a thread unto itself. These days I would not even try. Even most of my so call "open-minded artist" collogues would get belligerent if they see a pipe.

Guy":kykaiou0 said:
This should be a thread unto itself. These days I would not even try. Even most of my so call "open-minded artist" collogues will get belligerent if see me take out a pipe.
Oh, yes, there's that, too. I usually tell those kinds people to make a hole in some sand and pound it, creatively speaking, of course. :)

It's the idiot, disingenuous, passing curiosity that actually makes me loose my charm and social nature. 8) There's nothing quite like someone's passive-aggressive whim and approach due to boredom turning my peaceful smoke into me being a monkey at the zoo for some dipshit.

"Like, oh my GAWD is that like... a PIPE? Are you really smoking it? With real tobacco? Do you smoke...*ahem* OTHER stuff in it, and can I have some? Can I take a picture of you and text it to my friends?"

What the hell is wrong with people? :lol:

Keep talking while I take click the safety off... *grumble*

Sorry, digression. Please, back to activities while smoking. Don't mind me. 8)