Favorite Christmas movies?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrT999

Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
We've probably seen them all at least once (or some many, many, many times). What are your favorites?

From childhood: 'Babes in Toyland/March of the Wooden Soldiers' -- WPIX showed this every year when I was a kid at least once; I still especially enjoy the ending

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W64jCEp3vQk" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Traditional: 'White Christmas'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OIVI4cE9PPo" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

and for 'why yes, that is set at Christmas': some may prefer 'Gremlins' or 'Die Hard;' I prefer 'The Thin Man'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Cg40zvIPeU" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Anyone else like to share?

Think I mentioned it recently elsewhere... The Great Escape. For me this film is as much a part of Christmas as sprouts.

A Christmas story is one of my favorites. Charlie Brown Christmas, Bad Santa, The Nightmare before Christmas, Scrooged and A Christmas Carol are all great Christmas movies I enjoy watching.

The Bells of St. Mary's, Miracle on 34th Street (original B&W), and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

There are several Hallmark Christmas movies moving up the ranks in our house. The Christmas Card, Christmas Under Wraps, & Let it Snow.

Can't believe it took until the 8th post for someone to say "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". And of course Christmas Story, Gremlins, Scrooged.

Simple Man":3kbiapp4 said:
Planes, Trains & Automobiles... is that a Christmas movie? I mean it takes place at Christmas, so technically. :lol: :santa:
Definitely. Home Alone 1 & 2, too. Hilarious high jinks.

A Christmas Carol (1951) - Alistair Sim
Christmas in Connecticut(1945) - Barbara Stanwick, Sydney Greenstreet
The Shop Around the Corner (1940) - Jimmie Stewart
White Christmas (1954) - Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964) for television
Remember the Night (1940) - Barbara Stanwich, Fred MacMurray
Tokyo Godfathers (2003) - animated
Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas (1977) - muppets
Home Alone (1990) - Macauly Culkin
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) - Robert Downey Jr.

There ya go. Top 10.

Blackhorse":azx7vspw said:
A Christmas Carol (1951) - Alistair Sim
Christmas in Connecticut(1945) - Barbara Stanwick, Sydney Greenstreet
The Shop Around the Corner (1940) - Jimmie Stewart
White Christmas (1954) - Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964) for television
Remember the Night (1940) - Barbara Stanwich, Fred MacMurray
Tokyo Godfathers (2003) - animated
Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas (1977) - muppets
Home Alone (1990) - Macauly Culkin
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) - Robert Downey Jr.

There ya go. Top 10.
TV? As much as I like 'Charlie Brown' and the stop-motion Rudolph, how about 'Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol' (which I'll re-watch tomorrow)

Our top three:
The Shop Around the Corner (the original "You've Got Mail")
The Bishops Wife
It's a Wonderful Life

Zeno Marx":kpsafszf said:
Simple Man":kpsafszf said:
Planes, Trains & Automobiles... is that a Christmas movie? I mean it takes place at Christmas, so technically. :lol: :santa:
Definitely. Home Alone 1 & 2, too. Hilarious high jinks.
I'm going to add Uncle Buck to this list. Most of my immediate group becomes stressed out and argumentative during the holidays. It's a real gud time. I tell ya. So, while comedy is one of my least favorite genres of movie or TV, I need some laughing at this time of year.

images

:lol: