Favorite khaki pants

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bub":073ra8fo said:
I have always liked khaki pants.
The ones that I have found today are uncomfortable and expensive.
I am told that Bills khakis are good but they aren't cheap
http://www.billskhakis.com/m1-strong-relaxed-fit-plain-front
I just received two pairs of Gap khakis @$39/pair and I highly recommend them.
GAP khakis are good and I have a couple of pair. I also like the plain front all cotton ones made by L.L.Bean.

Dickies are part of the work "uniform." They fit, hold up well, and they look reasonably good. As a bonus for me, they come in charcoal and black. When I was teaching, I used to get Lands End khakis. They were great but did not hold up like the Dickies.

Always wore Dockers flat front because they're affordable and readily available. I'd like to get something better, but I balk at some of the high prices.

Big fan of the Patagonia Stand-Up pants and their organic duck canvas, but they don't make them anymore. I found a pair for $20, and I was thoroughly impressed. Had I paid the $80 or $100 for them (which I never would pay), maybe my opinion would be different. Great fabric. Nice fit. Smart design (The front pockets were a little deeper, and the rear pockets were cut differently). I know they make other pants out of that same fabric, so if I found them at a good price, I'd definitely try them.

I ran into Goodwill a couple years ago and found two pairs of heavy cotton Cabela khakis for $4. I was in a big hurry and couldn't try them on. I only bought one pair because I'm an idiot. Those things are incredibly comfortable and durable. Every time I wear them, I remember the pair I didn't buy. The result has been that I never wear the pair I bought because I'm so annoyed with not having the second pair.