Favorite Margarita Recipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Doody

Reaction score
Would love to hear the brothers' favorite margarita recipes.

I tend towards a 6:4:2:1 ratio of tequila, fresh-squeezed lime juice, Cointreau, and agave nectar - respectively. Shaken and served over ice. I'm not a salt fan.

But I'd very much like to hear of other opinions!

TIA!
Doody

Pretty much that same recipe. I sometimes use a mix of key lime juice and freshly squeezed lime juice. Always use Cointreau (Grand Marnier will also do in a pinch.) We NEVER use triple sec or Margarita mix. They give me heartburn. We usually serve them just like you do. On the rocks, no salt, usually in a nice pint glass as we don't like traditional Margarita glasses.

The best margarita I ever drank was in a restaurant in downtown Phoenix about 10 years ago. I believe it was Maria's Grill and they used a locally made fresh mix (possibly Braden's). It wasn't too sweet nor too tart and didn't give any heart burn (my main complaints about margaritas in general). The best approximation I've come up with is using Sauza gold and Sauza margarita mix with about a half ounce of orange juice to soften up the tartness.

Jim

Back in the day

While I was stationed overseas, we would all get together in a buddies room, to drink and watch James Bond movies all day.

we'd sit in a chair, tilt our head back, and a buddy would pour mix and Tequila,to his specks, in our mouth, you lean forward and shake, and swallow.
Those were dam good Margarita's !!!

I think the ratio of Tequila was pretty high :D

One weekend, we did that and then went to watch a USO show, outdoors with Tanya Tucker, and Barbera Fairchild.

Tanya Tucker shakin that booty not more than 15 ft away from me, and me on a Tequila Drunk.......Oh yeah! Good times!

She signed my Straw Stetson " Love Tanya Tucker 86" :D

and I got to hug Barbera...... :D

Damn , life was good back then! :D