Favorite OTC?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fight'n Hampsters

Reaction score
I know this is highly subjective and unscientific but I am curious what your favorite OTC or "drugstore" tabacco?

I find them all pretty much on the bland side for my tastes. That said, a bowl of Prince Albert in the morning as a first pipe after a light b'fast isn't a bad way to start the day.

Cheers,

RR

SailorJack knows of what he speaks,,,Sugarbarrel is just simple plain old good,,,,seems to be vanishing as several other tub blends have, but such is the fate of OTCs in a gourmet tobacco market.

For me in order;

1. Carter Hall

2. Prince Albert

3. Walnut

Good suggestions. I'll have to get them. Carter Hall and PA seem to be at the front of the line.

I'm suprised nobody reccomended any Captain Black blends.

Hunter5117":dx4zgyzm said:
Go back and forth between CH and Walnut.

I'm enjoying the walnut on it's own and blended, glade I got more than one can.

Ok, i'll bite. Captain Black - either the White or Royal.

BTW - CBR is the equivalent to Lane's 1Q.

Now for a REAL treat in the morning, mix a little BCA in with your CBW so that you have a 2:1 ratio of CBW:BCA. It livens up the CBW and really gives it a much needed boost. Probably the best room note of any aromatic i've tried.

Been trying to find Half & Half but having a hard time. Pretty tasty though. Might have the best room note to me of all the OTC.

Young briar fan":eekxbsee said:
Been trying to find Half & Half but having a hard time. Pretty tasty though. Might have the best room note to me of all the OTC.
CH, H&H, and PA are about the only name brand OTC tobaccos the 'tobacco stores' around here seem to stock

Rob_In_MO":w5mof3uq said:
Ok, i'll bite. Captain Black - either the White or Royal.

BTW - CBR is the equivalent to Lane's 1Q.

Now for a REAL treat in the morning, mix a little BCA in with your CBW so that you have a 2:1 ratio of CBW:BCA. It livens up the CBW and really gives it a much needed boost. Probably the best room note of any aromatic i've tried.
I,m new to the initials. What's BCA?

Carter Hall -- one of only three tobaccos in my "almost every day" rotation (the others being Old Joe Krantz and Northwoods).