Favorite Straight VAs

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll throw in Pipe & Pint of Greensboro's house blend of Six Virginias:

This Pipe and Pint Exclusive blend combines six different Virginia tobaccos together to produce an unparalleled experience for those who enjoy fuller flavor and stronger Virginia blends
Oh yeah, you know you want to try that.

Socrates":7ugk7oui said:
I'll throw in Pipe & Pint of Greensboro's house blend of Six Virginias:

This Pipe and Pint Exclusive blend combines six different Virginia tobaccos together to produce an unparalleled experience for those who enjoy fuller flavor and stronger Virginia blends
Oh yeah, you know you want to try that.

This!

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

monbla256":vhjibeo1 said:
alfredo_buscatti":vhjibeo1 said:
Heinrich Spec. Selection Curly Cut, etc. Oh, and now we've also learned that straight VAs usually have some burley.
This for sure as our resident Va EXPERT has told us. According to him, there's only two "strait Va's" made, one no longer blended and GLP's Union Square. ALL the rest are variations of VaBur's and from this we would have to say that ALL these blenders are lying to us! So, according to him only ONE is available :twisted:
I don't know about that .... I would wager that FVF is straight VAs. I'd also say that all of the McClellands VA blends are straight virginias without burley, as are the C&D VAs that are advertised as such. A lot of the old European blends, however, seem to have either added burley in the last few years or else have finally disclosed they always had it.

jj1015":lb6vo2gy said:
I don't know about that .... I would wager that FVF is straight VAs. I'd also say that all of the McClellands VA blends are straight virginias without burley, as are the C&D VAs that are advertised as such. A lot of the old European blends, however, seem to have either added burley in the last few years or else have finally disclosed they always had it.
I think he was using sarcasm ;> There are some people here who will tell you there is no straight VA out there (except Union Square... heh), but in reality there are lots available and I don't know why anyone would believe otherwise without even a shred of proof or even compelling hearsay.

Anyway, I can confirm that FVF is 100% VA; I've exchanged messages with Bob Gregory from the SG factory about it and I don't see why he'd lie. (I think they do use stronger ones though that might have some burley-esque character, from Africa probably.) I'm certain there's no burley in many McClelland VAs too. You can only believe about 1/2 of what you read on this forum (and pretty much any other). :>

FVF by lengths and bounds has been my favorite so far. Thanks to all of the talk about it I came out of my Latakia box and to my amazement was blown away by it. It is now in my everyday rotation.

keen smoke":llf2g0xu said:
jj1015":llf2g0xu said:
I think he was using sarcasm ;> There are some people here who will tell you there is no straight VA out there (except Union Square... heh), but in reality there are lots available and I don't know why anyone would believe otherwise without even a shred of proof or even compelling hearsay.

Anyway, I can confirm that FVF is 100% VA; I've exchanged messages with Bob Gregory from the SG factory about it and I don't see why he'd lie. (I think they do use stronger ones though that might have some burley-esque character, from Africa probably.) I'm certain there's no burley in many McClelland VAs too. You can only believe about 1/2 of what you read on this forum (and pretty much any other). :>
Keen, how can you say that!! :eek: Our resident "philosopher/expert" has spoken !! But Mike at McC's must have been lying when I spoke to him about their Va blends/mixtures and he catagoricaly stated there were no Burley's used in their Staight Va 'bacs. Oh well, just goes to show ya just can't trust ANYONE these days ! :twisted:

is wessex gold brick/plug not a straight VA? that one is good. i also really enjoy FVF, as does just about everyone i guess, hence it's hard to get. most of my VAs have something else in it though. been leaning towards burley lately anyways...