FDA Regulations Petition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not madness if for the price of 8-10million you can eliminate your competition.

Also, deeming regulations do not require legislative approval. They were already granted the authority by the legislative branch.

puros_bran":4aume2f1 said:
Not madness if for the price of 8-10million you can eliminate your competition.  

Also, deeming regulations do not require legislative approval. They were already granted the authority by the legislative branch.
That's exactly what I think is madness, that is, that backdoor "good ol' boy" politics is allowed at the federal level. I'm not naive. It is big corporations that do this kind of bologna. Some would call this smart business, I guess.

It's very smart business if you can get the people to lay down and take it.

Remember when Tyson, Wal-Mart, and JB Hunt took off? And wasn't it odd that they were all HQ'd right there in a little 30 mile circle located near Bills country club? Lol.

Come to think of it, Who do ya reckon benefitted by Hamilton's Coast Guard, New York Bank, Liquer Excise Tax, and on and on? Guarantee you he had ship building friends, hauling whiskey, and needing a bank to finance the whole shebang.

I don't think anyone in here is naive to the point of not being capable of connecting the dots. Once you start though you are in terrible danger of not being able to let it go.

joshoowah":wkq2v6bu said:
Bugsahearn":wkq2v6bu said:
puros_bran":wkq2v6bu said:
Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter.  The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.
This is a great point...the only way anything changes these days is people getting worked up on social media. Whack as it is, someone needs to figure out a way to protest the fda through twitter or instagram lol
I'm afraid the propaganda runs far too deep in the majority of the population.

I've signed the petition already, but it won't do any good. Truly, if there are any blends from Feb. 2007 onward you enjoy and could not do without, you should start to stock up over the next year or two (this seems to be the timetable should this regulation become legislation; blenders/sellers will be allowed two years and 1 year for the review, should they even send in an application). Personally, I'd rather they hike taxes on tobacco than remove blends from the market. There needs to be some regulation on what goes into tobacco, that much is true, but the cost of making sure regulations are met is overkill at this point (hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single application for a single blend -- madness).
I totally agree with you about stocking up on those blends!! I also agree on the tax hike rather than insisting on an outrageous application fee.

And yeah, most of you are right. This might not do anything (the numbers aren't moving quick enough to get it done in time). But it's better to try and be involved than to lay down and not say anything. I will say it's rather disheartening that the vaping petition is getting more momentum to overturn the "tobacco" classification (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/overturn-fdas-ruling-ecigarette-classification-tobacco-product).

Of course, I am one of the people from two years ago when the FDA first started considering this move that sent a letter to my representatives and multiple government facets. This may affect my livelihood directly. I am prepared to switch to other industries if necessary but I truly love what I do. It seems as though our voices don't matter and that is the most frustrating part.

Done.........

I just read that the FDA just required different labeling on food nutritional facts. Same time frame as well, two years............

They must be on a bender..........

Signed this one too. Also signed the one to try and get e-cigs removed from classification as a tobacco product. Any leverage we can get on any part of their mechanations we need to.

Jim

huffelpuff":sa9ejpkw said:
Signed this one too. Also signed the one to try and get e-cigs removed from classification as a tobacco product. Any leverage we can get on any part of their mechanations we need to.

Jim
I didn't think about that, but I will go sign that one now too!

Ozark Wizard":xxw9y659 said:
Done.........

I just read that the FDA just required different labeling on food nutritional facts. Same time frame as well, two years............

They must be on a bender..........
That brings up something I was discussing with a co-worker. Why does the FOOD and DRUG ADMINISTRATION have any say in the tobacco? Because last I checked, that's what we had the ATF was for...

Classic Statist overreach. The power for the deeming regulations was granted by congress... Mind you the congress never had a right, nor had proper power to pass on that right.. But who am I to complain when this type nonsense has been allowed the past 40-50 years.