Ferndown Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talrmn35

Reaction score
Anyone here ever owned one of these?? I spoke to a guy the other day and he has one and really talked it up. Just wondering if anyone here had any experience with them...I am eying :cyclops: one at Smoking Pipes right now...Thanks!

I have one; terrific pipe.
ferndo10.gif

I've often thought that my little list of pipes below my avatar would look nicer if I could list a Ferndown among them...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :cheers:

I remember hearing a couple years ago that Les planned to retire the following year. Not sure if he's still carving or not.

He tended to rush some of his work and often had "exterior alignment issues", but the good specimens were very good. The silver work was always first rate, too.

I bought one of his "Giant P" bulldogs (P being a well-known Dunhill shape) about five years ago, and never found fault with it of any kind. Super comfortable and tastes great. Being both small-chambered and dedicated to stoved VA's I rarely smoke it anymore, but it's nice enough that I've kept it for its own sake.

It's scary to think how many English brands there used to be, and now there are almost none. :(

My booth at the StL Pipe Show was across from Max at Pipes2Smoke.com a couple of years ago.
He always talks up the Ferndowns because he sells them. I think Les is still on it, because Max adds some to his site periodically.

A buddy of mine had one with a tight draw that magically opened up on its own this last year. Weird.