Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done indeed Ken. I am looking forward to reading your reviews of the samples.

Mr. Houston great job. Looking forward to trying some of those Latakia blends you put in the box. I need to check but does that mean the box is headed my way next :?: . :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ok Folks,

The box landed today.I've already got my puts n' takes together and hope to have it back out by morning....

Puts:

20 year old aged Three Nuns (sample) *This stuff is simply amazing!*
Well aged St.Bruno Flake (sample)
10 year+ aged Dunhill by Murray's Aperitif (small sample)"
Watch City Cigar Co "Blending Perique" (large sample)
Watch City Cigar Co's Navy Blend (sample)
Sam Gawith's Full VA Flake (sample)
Sam Gawith's Navy Flake (sample)
Sam Gawith's St.James Flake (sample)
Nat Sherman's Blend No. 307 (full tin)

Takes:
Bufflehead Decoy (partial tin)
Poul Olsen's Own (full tin)

Best,
D.J.

Good show Dock! Three Nuns is one of those blends I always wished I had a chance to try.

Great pass Dock.

Jason I had the chance to try 3 nuns once. It was a great smoke. I would love to have had the chance to get some before the price went out the roof.

Mike;

I've got the box all wrapped up again. I'll send it your way tomorrow. Thanks again for letting me participate. Good passes guys. :cheers:

-- Mr Houston :pipe:

Yo Danny! The box is on it's way to ya. It went out on Saturday morning.It should be there by Tuesday.....

Best,
D.J.

Hey Doc!

The cargo arrived today and in great shape. I haven't had a chance to inventory the contents yet, I'm saving that for tonight....

The "East" box has made it home :bounce: :drool: :drool: . I will post the final outcome in a couple of days. Thanks again for everyone who has participated once again in the Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. :pipe:

Thanks for dealing with all the hassles of getting it started and keeping track! Always a blast, even if sometimes some of us aren't feeling up to par.

Hey Mark,

The box is in the wind! Priority Mail 0306 1070 0001 8087 5143
Light pass for me this time around:

Puts/ 1 tin Dunhill light flake
Takes/ 1 bowl of 20 year Three Nuns, thanks Doc

The west coast box landed in Apex, NC yesterday. Unfortunately, we had no power most of the evening due to very bad storms coming through the area. I did glance at it for a few minutes by candle light and my initial reactions in the candle light was WOW! The aroma is magnificent! I will dive into it a little deeper tonight and try to wrap it up by tomorrow or Saturday.

Dan, you are a fine gentleman!!! Thank you very much!

Well, I aplogize Mike! I did not get the box out on Saturday as anticipated.

The west coast box is now on the way home and should arrive Wednesday or Thursday. Confirmation #03080660000039375501

I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in the pass this year! Thanks Mike for letting me be a part of it!

The west coast box was a light pass for me also but none the less enjoyable. The aroma alone was worth every minute of it!

Puts: 1 sealed 2 oz. tin, C&D Elegant Emu

Takes: 1 partial tin of McClelland's Grand Oriental Katerini Classic.

I am not a big McClelland fan but after sniffing all of the tins and samples I just had to take the oriental leaf. I have not put the fire to it yet but the tin aroma is blissful! None of the signature ketsup/vinegar smell that usually permiates McClelland's blends and a perfect moisture content. I am really looking forward to trying this blend later this evening or tomorrow.

I was very tempted to take the last little bit of the 20 year old 3 Nuns but I saved it for Mike. Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the boxes have made it home. All I can say is WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: . The generosity of the players in this years two box pass was once again overwhelming :cheers: . Here is what the boxes returned with. As a side note, none of the sealed tins that the boxes started with came back (fourteen tins in all). I would like to thank once again Greg Pease :darklord: for his generous gift of sampling blends. I would also like to thank all of you who had re-stocked the boxes with bulk samples for everyone’s enjoyment. Both boxes returned with too many bulk sample bags to list. If no one has any objections I will be prepping a box of samples and tins to send one of our new Brothers of the Briar in Iraq. Thanks to you all once again. Regards :pipe:

Mike M.

West Box Return’s

Full Tins:
Dunhill Light Flake
Peterson Irish Flake
Peterson University Flake
Peterson Old Dublin
Robert McConnell Latakia
Tabac Sherman 307
Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew
Presbyterian Mixture
MacBaren Golden Extra
C&D Elegant Emu
Frog Morton Across the Pond
Frog Morton
Eric Nording’s Hunter Blend Retriever

East Box Return’s

Full Tins:
McClelland Latakia
Rattray Old Gowrie
Escudo Navy Deluxe
Christmas Cheer 2007
McClelland Oriental #6
GLP Robusto
GLP Cumberland
Rattray Marlin Flake
McClelland Yenidje Highlander
S&G Chocolate Flake
McClelland Rose of Latakia
S&G Balkan Flake
McClelland Royal Cajun Special
John Aylesbury Latakia Blend
C&D Engine 99
Germain Latakia Flake
C&D Midnight Ride

Mike,

That is an awesome idea of putting together a box for Bubba! Thank you very much for doing it. If you need any help with anything please let us know!

The two box pass was a great idea and experience!

Thanks again to you Mike for everything. It's always a great time! Good idea about shipping off a box as well.

Mike,

Thank you for going above and beyond with all you do for our troops. You are in a class of your own!

Thanks again for letting me participate in the box pass. It is nice to see some of the tins I put in will be going to our troops.

-Jeff