Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pipe: :pipe: :pipe: ...I sampled the C&D Epiphany, Heinrichs 312, and McC Balkan 2030.

The 312 and 2030 didn't really float my boat, but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to try them. I liked the Epiphany, even though it was kind of dry and salty tasting. :idea: I should have had a beer with it. :idea: I don't think I would have ever bought that one based on the tin description. I usually shy away from perique. I'm glad I tried it.

:pipe: :pipe: :pipe: in progress . . . .

Well I think I have just about wrapped up my time with Babs. Day six is tomorow and I will send her on her way. I have taken some samples and put them into ziplock baggies to stay here. Some I have tried, others will have to wait until a later date. So here's the scoop of my time with Babs.

Puts

Low Country - Santee
Low Country - Cooper

I figured I would round out the Low Country offerings in the box.

Takes

McClelland - St. James Woods

Sampled this week

GL Pease - Maltese Falcon
GL Pease - Maduro Cut Cake
Edgworth - Ready Rubbed
Larus & Bros. Co. - Four Seasons
G & H - Broken Scotch Cake

Samples for later

John Middleton - Walnut
Altadis - Rum & Maple
G & H - Black Cherry Twist
Charles Fairmorns - Lancers Slices
Charles Fairmorn's - Black Bayou Mist
Peter Stokkeby - Bullseye Flake

Well Done Mud Flaps! Good Show!...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Great pass Jeepernick. I hope you enjoyed the sampling. Have fun with the future sampling. You will have something to look forward to while relaxing after a hard days work on that bathroom renovation.

I sampled the Prince Albert today in my Radice Canadian. Hey, not too shabby! Great room note and nice flavor too. It was a little bit two dimensional compared to WBS or Solani ABF, but not totally outclassed as I thought that it might be. Another nice surprise for me.

Well, tomorrow will be day five for me and I plan on shipping it out in the morning so Jason can have it for the weekend. I'll try to wrap it all up tonight and be done with it.

Babs, she's a flighty gal. Left this morning without saying a word. She did leave some samples of tobacco and a strange note with some numbers on it. Must be some sort of code.

0307 1790 0001 9793 5706

J Rock, she did mention something yesterday about paying you a visit. Enjoy! :face:

Well, she's on her way Jason. She left priority mail this morning. 0307 3330 0001 3450 9270 Have fun!

The original box didn't look like it would make another round of shipping, so I replaced it with a newer, sturdier box. I also replaced the peanuts and paper with plastic air bubbles. I used a second, smaller box to subdivide some of the contents inside the big box. The new BaBs is quite full and some of the contents are close to the top. Use caution when you slice through the tape. If you decide to put more than you take, you will need a bigger box. I hope all of this is OK with everyone.

I had fun and I look forward to the next round. Here's how I did :

Sampled :
Maduro Cut Cake
Maltese Falcon
Broken Scotch Cake
Epiphany
Heinrichs 312
Balkan 2030
Prince Albert
Sail Natural (set some aside for later today)

Takes :
Frog Morton on the Town, 50g, 2004
Star of the East Flake, 50g, 2007

Puts :
Frog Morton on the Bayou, 100g, 2003
Esoterica Margate, 50g, 2006
Wessex Burley Slice, 50g, 2007 (I relabeled the open tin of WBS "sample" and left it in the box.)

From the sounds of all the happy campers the pass is success! I'm looking forward to the box and its journey to the frozen north.

Good job tin man and Jeepernick! It's fun to see the boxes change as they move on down the line.

jeepernick":mklbugyt said:
J Rock, she did mention something yesterday about paying you a visit. Enjoy! :face:
Jeep,

I hope she likes the snow because I have about 10 inches of it she will have to walk through to get to my front door!

Great job Jeepernick and Tin Man. It sure looks like a lot of trading and sampling has been going on :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: . Thanks to everyone for swapping out the boxes where needed.

It looks like JHuggett and J_Rock are next. Enjoy gentleman.

P.S.: JHuggett please hold the box until at least the "new" mailing labels I am sending arrive. We have had a change of address :arrow: . Wouldn't want either of the Bab's twins to get lost. :affraid:

AND THE FUN BEGINS!!!!!

Babs came in the mail yesterday after work! I opened her up and I was in pipe smoking heaven. Too bad I am in hell with a severe chest cold. I am going to start sampling tomorrow come hell or high water. I will keep you all posted..................

-Jeff

The mailman just dropped off the box! I've already opened it and took a look around but have to get a few things done before I can really dive in.

Working on my first sample... Wessex Burley Slice. Now I grabbed a tin of this in the last box pass that had some age on it but I haven't had the heart to open it yet. I really like it and I'm eying the other tin in the box that is up for trades. I do wish the flavor was a little richer, it tastes great but seems a little watered down. Although it's nice to have something you can puff away on without much thought.

Jason, That's what I like , no thinking! :tongue: Ken
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat: