Filleting Knife For A friend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawker

Reaction score
Just finished this one up last night for a friend who helped me with some electrical work when i refinished my basement a while back. The blade is 440C and the handle material he picked out from my stash was a very dull looking pair of black Exhibition Buffalo Horn. I was quite pleased with the colors that came out in it the farther scales were taken down. Usually it's just the opposite and the nice grain ends up on the floor in a sawdust pile. It has a 6 3/4" blade & OL is 11 5/8".

Corrr, that's lovely that is, what a gorgeous handle too, your friend is going to be very pleased with that, very nice work. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Mr. H - Excellent indeed. Very clean work, as my Dad would say. It was high praise.

So...nice leather as well, to say the least. No mention by you however. Did you do that?

Blackhorse":uodqny69 said:
Mr. H - Excellent indeed. Very clean work, as my Dad would say. It was high praise.

So...nice leather as well, to say the least. No mention by you however. Did you do that?
Ya BH I built the sheath. I've been doing leatherwork as a hobby all my life and just got into knife making a few years back. I'd have to check my records but I think this is about the 25th knife I've built so far. Not sure if you build you own sheaths or not but if you don't i'd be honored to build some for you. Your knives are works of art and I always admire your choices in wood. The burls & grains you are able to find are amazing. I quit ordering from suppliers that don't list pictures of the actual scales your buying as they always seem to put beautiful pieces for an example to look at then send you something totaly different when your purchase arrives. With the time that goes into them I'd rather pay a little more for something that's appealing. If you don't mind me asking, where do you get your handle material from?

Bad Dogs Burl Source

http://www.burlsource.com

Totally excellent vendor. Get on his email list and you get notifications on new shipments arriving. The good pieces go fast. I snagged a great block of Dessert Ironwood Burl once, first one to be sold, and went back the same afternoon to get another and they were all gone. It's worse that Stonehaven!!! lol

Blackhorse":pddr323k said:
Bad Dogs Burl Source

http://www.burlsource.com

Totally excellent vendor. Get on his email list and you get notifications on new shipments arriving. The good pieces go fast. I snagged a great block of Dessert Ironwood Burl once, first one to be sold, and went back the same afternoon to get another and they were all gone. It's worse that Stonehaven!!! lol
Will do. Thanks BH.