Finally motivated to participate!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td2copter

Reaction score
Hello to the Brothers of Briar.

So I just have to say... WOW! What a great forum and great community. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of months lurking and soaking up all kinds of good info. With that said, I just felt compelled to actually sign up and say hi.

I've been a cigar smoker for about 15 years and love a good stick but it's not cheap and there is a bit of a time commitment to fully enjoy a good cigar. On a whim one day a couple of months ago I stopped in at the local B&M and found myself staring at all the pipes. After chatting it up with the fella behind the counter about pipes and pipe tobacco I just had to pick up a cheap little briar and a bag of bulk that smelled good. As they say the rest is history and now I have a new $ pit to fill up.

A big thanks to all for the volumes of great info here at BoB.

Welcome, I am glad you decided to come out of your lurking stage and join us...that makes me happy :D

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time here reading & posting

"T"

Welcome to the BoB forum..this a great place to hang and learn things about the hobby so jump right in!

"After chatting it up with the fella behind the counter about pipes and pipe tobacco I just had to pick up a cheap little briar and a bag of bulk that smelled good."

LOL, you're doomed. Welcome!

DOOMED is right.

After just a couple of months I'm way in over my head. I've made 5 ebay estate pipe purchases, 3 of the pipes are pretty bad and I don't think I'll be getting much use out of them. 1 has been sent off to Walker Briar Works to have the tenon replaced and 1 seems to be working out ok. I also picked up a couple of MM cobs that smoke a lot better than the cheap little basket briar that got me into this mess. Then after countless hours of online window shopping I came across a Stanwell that just called out to me. Even being the newbie that I am that Stanwell is what my limited experience would call a "good smoker".

Then there's the whole tobacco side of this story. I want to try everything! A couple of online purchases here and there, a few tins purchased at my B&M and I have a good little assortment of tobacco to work through to see where my taste preference takes me.

Way too much fun. Now if I can only convince my wife that I need more pipes and way more tobacco.

Kyle Weiss":5jr7i1ad said:
Welcome!

Montana? *shrug*
Nice, you got it. I see your from Reno, I used to live in North Lake Tahoe for a couple years back in the early 90's. Reno's a fun city.

td2copter":9rhj9itq said:
Kyle Weiss":9rhj9itq said:
Welcome!

Montana? *shrug*
Nice, you got it. I see your from Reno, I used to live in North Lake Tahoe for a couple years back in the early 90's. Reno's a fun city.
I work in the desert a lot, hence, lots of maps. 8) Typically UTMs over Lat/Long, but hey. I like maps. They help me not get lost and die. :lol:

North Tahoe is cool (work sometimes for my almost-brother-in-law at the Biltmore), as is Reno... Reno's grown up a LOT...both positively and... well, growing pains. 8)

Welcome to BOB glad to have you here. Its getting cold in western Montana SIP, and instrument examiner OV-1s, UH-1s Oh-58s

Kyle,

Yea, N. Tahoe was a fun place to spend a few years. I was your basic ski bum and probably had a little too much fun for my own good. I traveled through Reno last year for the first time in about a dozen years and was pretty surprised at the growth in the area. The downtown strip still seemed to hold on to the theme of "the biggest little city in the world". It was fun to revisit.

Airborne,

Thanks for the welcome and yea I put food on the table by flying a helicopter. It's not all it's cracked up to be but I don't hate my job so... there's that.

SPUD,

Yep, winter is here but the second go-round of "La Nina" that everyone's been talking about hasn't settled in my neck of the woods yet but there's still hope for a good snow year. Seems your a fellow heli pilot, you still flying?