Finally remembering to introduce myself

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Purple Gorilla

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Fred, AKA Purple Gorilla. According to my friends, I am a rather unique individual. In general I find myself to be a fun, humble, and usually entertaining feller.

As far as pipes and what not, I am an aromatic smoker mainly, also chew, smoke cigs on occasion, and enjoy the occasional cigar.

I have been collecting pipes for a few years now, but until I moved away from an anti smoking piss pot of an area and arrived here in smoker friendly Reno, I never knew that it could be so much fun and that I had so much to learn about pipes and smoking them.

I am a musician, and have been for many, many years. My main instruments are the Sousaphone and Bass guitar. But being that I am a professional instrument repair tech, I can play just about anything, as long as you don't ask for me to read music on the instruments I don't play fluently.

I also am a craftsman and minor carpenter on the side. I love building things and fixing things rather than buying new things all the time.

The other passion I have is video games. I have been a gamer for years, and a collector of old systems and games for years as well. I am not a competitive gamer, not in the slightest. You will usually find me on Xbox playing minecraft, oblivion, or skyrim. If there are any gamers on here who would like to play some xbox or what not with me, feel free to add my gamertag: DBD PrpleGorila. If you do add me, let me know that you are from the BOB forum.

Looking forward to chatting with more people on here and having some fun while doing so.

have any questions? feel free to ask.

Fred

Welcome fellow gamer, smoker, tinkerer, glad to have you here!

--Alex

I have been playing Torchlight II way too much. Nahh, too much can never happen. Enjoyed Oblivion, Skyrim was nice. Thought the first Witcher decent.
First game I played was Colossal Cave -- yeah, been around a long time.

I'm not into online play either. Maybe I suck too much for that...

I've been playing games for a long time, I used to love the halo franchise, but halo 4 was an abomination to a great franchise of very successful games. I have been struggling to try and get back into shooters, I just lost my interest in them for the most part.

I miss banjo Kazooie, and Harvest Moon, and many other long RPG's that were so captivating and fun to play.

Welcome, yo!

Just finishing Myst Online: URU. Really enjoyed this.

A lifelong favorite is Civilization. I started with II now on V.

Welcome Fred.

I'm a former Tuba/Sousaphone guy (Jr HS through HS) and started out on stringed instruments on bass when I was about 13. Switched to 6-str a few yrs later but still love playing bass.

Anyhoo thanks for the formal welcome!

You have some fine looking pipes btw.

Cheers,

RR