Finally settled in DFW

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
So we finally got everything moved. And we are mostly settled into our temporary residence. Its been an exhausting few weeks but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. However I think the strain, stress. And lack of sleep has finally caught up with me, as I seem to have caught a cold. Oh well. I will live... And this is the start of a new adventure!

I got some amazing pipe stuff from my wife and family over Christmas. I will post pics soon if I can, since I am mostsly on mobile these days.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the encouragement and support. I'm really glad to be a part of this community.

WooHoo!:cheers: Glad to hear you got through this stage at least and can hopefully relax and regroup a bit. Also, grats on pipe stuff from the fam, looking forward to seeing the pics.
Sleep dep, and stress can definitely make you an easier target for colds, flue, etc. I know I started to catch the death flue when I was going through that business with my mom Christmas week, but fortunately the friend we were staying with threw handfuls of "hippie healthcare" (herbs, vitamin supplements, etc.) at me and the stuff actually worked well enough for me to get to point where I could get some decent rest. Anyway, take care of yourself and get well soon.

Glad to hear things a smoothing out for ya and the big job of moving is over.........
for awhile. May the sun always be at your back. ;)

Moving is a pain, glad to hear things are working out.

If I were to reside in the DFW area, I would surely need to drop into Soulman's BBQ at least once a week. The pulled pork is some of the best I have ever sampled, and their pecan pie is on a whole nother level.

Congrats on the move bbg, Texas is one of my favorite states to visit! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

What part of the DFW area did you move to? Are you from Texas originally? If not, rememeber Texas is a State of mind !! :twisted: :twisted: Have been in this area all my life and seen it CHANGE drasticaly, Welcome  :twisted: :twisted:

I'm glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction for you and yours. Excellent news.

Thanks guys! It's been a crazy few weeks, but it's getting there.

Monbla,

Currently we are in Lewisville staying with friends. When the wife and I get jobs, we will get our own place based on where those jobs are. I'm Texas born and bred, just from a small town in East Texas. Big change for me being here. Though I have spent a lot of time up here visiting friends and family.