Finished another reject

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":3djjyzwi said:
bosun1":3djjyzwi said:
I keep coming back to this topic. Is that a sandblast or a rustication? I presume a rustication and am curious how you did it. Unless you don't want to spill one of your secrets though (g)..
That's a blasted finish. You can see the grain as that's what a sandblasted finish does, it exposes the grain pattern in 3-d so to speak. Rustication is a CARVED finish which is done by a drill, bur or knife and does not usually relate to the grain pattern of the briar. I'll pick a blasted pipe over a rusticated pipe if given the choice as I think they look SO MUCH BETTER :p
A sandblast was my original thought. But I know it takes more time and skill than scratching around with a dremel (g). I did not realize that you're abilities of a pipemaker have reached that level. AND I'm not trying to insult you or be sarcastic!!! I follow several threads about pipe making, with new folk and experienced folk, and I sometimes lose who is which. Thanks for the reply!

Monbla didn't make it. I think he was just trying help out . :lol!:

Jeez, if I have to do research before commenting in a topic, I think that should be against the BoB rules of order (GRIN) .
Anyway, my comments stand even given under a case of half-zeimers!