Finished pipe #3

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowroll

Reaction score
Well, here's some pics of my latest effort, #3.  #2 was a disaster due to a tool slip resulting in a cracked shank. I like this one, I like stacks, and this one is amusing to me.  My Iron Horse pipe, it resembles the old mid 19th century locomotive stacks, like the famous " general".  I thought it was an interesting take on a stretched rhodesian.  

Very well crafted and the grain is beautiful. The shape is perfect and the pipe has perfect lines. Well done my Brother :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thank you men, gratified that discerning smokers as yourselves like it. Yes, love the grain myself, i was pretty happy when i found thaf, credit Mark ti sky for supplying good briar. I love stacks, but as a variation on standard shapes, and some of the old Dan pipes, but bigger.
BTW, smoked it about 5 times, it smokes wonderfull, just like the other stack I made. Hope they all turn out like that.:cyclops: .

"it resembles the old mid 19th century locomotive stacks,"

You're right it does remind me of the smoke stack on an old steam locomotive. Very nice looking pipe. Well done! :cheers:

AJ

Definitely looks like you designed the pipe after the old coal/wood burning smoke stacks of some of the best ? locomotives ? ever made. A real classic :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Stunning grain! Love the old train smokestack look too. 20 years ago when we first moved to Laramie they had an old steam locomotive in every park in town. I would take the kids to the parks just so I could stare at those old engines. Something about that shape is just very pleasing to the eye. Congratulations on a pipe well made that smokes well for you.

Jim

Great job! I like the way you seem to have captured a vintage look.

That's a fairly lengthy shank too... how did the drilling go?

Stick":idomt5zl said:
Great job!  I like the way you seem to have captured a vintage look.

That's a fairly lengthy shank too... how did the drilling go?
Thanks stick and all you gents who commented.
The srilling went well, draught hole middle bottom. Ihave a pretty good lathe, and I use 3 sucessive length drill bits to eliminate wobble and drift, clearing chips often. I am glad that approach works well, 'cause i like long shanks.
cheers