fire season is here!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiperCub

Reaction score
hey guys, long time no post. Things have been crazy busy here. June 30th i start a new job as a wildland firefighter out here in California and it's gonna be super busy, but it'll be nice to have money coming in again.

You be careful out there. One of my friends is a retired smoke jumper, and he has more scary stories than you'd want to know. Seriously.

:| 

Cheers,

RR

Wow, a tough if important job. As Brewdude already said, be careful out there!

thanks for looking out guys...i eventually want to smokejump...or even just be a ranger

Considering you picked probably one of the most dangerous jobs this side of following a hog hauler to do, I'd say keep your eyes open and your mouth shut while tangle'en with mother nature on fire sir. And pay close attention to the veterans, we don't want anything other then your tobacco going up in smoke.  ;)

I was on tankers for a couple of seasons in Arizona and Oregon. Also flew Hot Shot crews around a year. I truly respect the ground pounders and what they do. Smoke Jumpers are insane IMHO. Who would jump out of a perfectly good airplane into a fire..........

Be careful out there because it is very dangerous business. Unfortunately ever once on awhile we loose some good people fighting forest fires.

A couple of those fellas came out to visit us after 9/11. Those dudes were out of their minds.

Good luck brother. Stay safe.