Fire wood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thistleoak

Reaction score
I know im a cheater due to part time sawyering but i am so proud to say i have 8 cord of firewood put up for the winter.... now maybe i can catch my breath and relax a bit... maybe i will stop smelling like sweat, bar oil and sawdust for the holidays :)

8 rick of wood? Sounds like a productive day! Though any woman of any caliber is strongly attracted to the scent of wood, oil and man sweat in the Great North Woods....

Or could I be wrong? Wouldn't be the first time........ :lol!:

Wife says i can be offically done cutting wood off the clock for the season. We have enough for a hard winter, the entire carport and part of the garage is filled with firewood. I pushed extra hard because it always seems in February we have family members and neighbors who always ask if we have extra wood and i feel like crap when i dont have any to spare... this year we will have spare... A big positive note... with work bonus im getting 28 ton gas powered log splitter..... im getting too damn old and achy to split that much wood by hand... shoulders and back aint what they used to be... ive got 15 hardwood that wont make board foot for this reason or that ringed and i have 5 more to ring yet.

8 cords, that should hold you. I only have about 2 but it's been mild so far. There's no better combination of smells than hot bar oil, 2-stroke exhaust and fresh cut oak or aspen (can't decide which I like best). Love cutting wood.

Bemused":4069x9ff said:
There's no better combination of smells than hot bar oil, 2-stroke exhaust and fresh cut oak or aspen (can't decide which I like best).
Except maybe pipe smoke, powder smell from a paper shotgun shell, and Hoppe's #9  :D !

My wood gets delivered and stacked; you guys are embarrassing me :oops: .

I love cutting wood, satisfying to the core. Nurtures a bunch of good needs/instincts i.e labor, accomplishment,harvest, security etc. Of course, whisky and pipe smoke is hard to beat... especially with Hoppe's #9 ;)

Labor:

Accomplishment:

Harvest:

Security: