first bowl of swr reg in a new cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That`s right. I opened a tub a week back or so and am really enjoying it in my Falcons. When puffed slowly, it`s just great. And it has more nicotine than one might think by looking up its ratings on Tobacco Reviews, which makes it even better. :D

I knew a guy from England who smoked nothing else. I could never get it to burn, much less taste good. Very weird. :scratch:

I smoked through a pouch of this a couple years back and I had experiences similar to Rick. Not my cup of tea and definitely not what I would consider to be a great smoke. Most pipefuls I had to baby sit otherwise the tobacco trended toward hot and steamy. Kinda had that permamoist thing going on with it.

I never had the best of smokes from the new packages of SWR but they were acceptable. I guess having had tubs of it from the 50's and 60's spoiled me. Those tubs always smoked really well and never required any special care. I can say the aroma of the new stuff is spot on and is pretty much an exact match to my nose. The flavor of the new stuff is a bit flat and oddly off to me but I put that down to difference in age. If you ever come across an old tub at a flea market or antique shop you should jump at the chance to see the similarities and differences for yourself. The difference time makes even for a burley like SWR is amazing. Enjoy that classic smoke brother.

Jim

Just tried this myself, the same way. I picked up a few OTC pouches alongside the Balkans in my last purchase. Figured I'd sample the broad world of tobacco.

I found this one very chocolatey. I opened a pouch of Prince Albert the day prior, and definitely noticed the topping on the SWR in contrast to the PA. But a satisfying, middle-of-the-road blend IMO. Good for packing in a cob and smoking idly.

I have no idea what blend you’re talking about here. Otta be a law against using just initials to name a blend. If I can’t figure out what the heck it is then there are likely a large number of other brothers out there in lurker land that don’t have a clue either.

By using the full name you are being inclusive...so that ALL members will be able to be informed by your experience, which is likely the goal of your posting your comments.

Very likely once the full name is disclosed I’ll think, “Oh yeah, of course, I shoulda known that.” Just need another cuppa joe.

So...?

Hm.

I replied to this thread assuming swr = Sir Walter Raleigh.

But, like tobacco itself, perhaps the meaning of an acronym is in the palette of the beholder.

Dorchester":ebe16lfp said:
Hm.

I replied to this thread assuming swr = Sir Walter Raleigh.

But, like tobacco itself, perhaps the meaning of an acronym is in the palette of the beholder.

Given the comments made Inthink you’re correct. See? I shoulda known that. It’s basic.