first day here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taja-big dog

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm Brian..live near Detroit..puffing Borkum Riff Cherry out of an old leaky Peterson that I'd like to replace but so far can't find one. It has the K&P Sterling Silver band which says 925 S and another mark I can't read...couldbe an M or a W.
I'm nearly 66 and got my first pipe and a pack of Green Sail when I was 18. In my travels I have found pipers easy to meet and talk to.

Howdy Brian. Weclome to the BoB. this is a great place to hang! Hope you stay awhile.

Hi Brian, enjoy your stay, post often. There are a bunch of great people to know here.

Brian, unless I'm mistaken, (it might be the first time ever) Kapp & Peterson distributed the bands back in the day. The "925 S" is a purity hallmark for sterling in Europe. The letter afterwards should signify the year. I think there's a code chart out there somewhere. What's the shape you have?

A big warm Tennessee welcome to the brotherhood, Brian!!! As has already been said, there's a great bunch of folks here!!!

Robert

Hey Brian, 66 is a good old age to discover your brothers on the web!