Quantcast

First Pipe

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Anyone remember or still have their first pipe?

Mine was a rusticated silver banded Peterson XL90, regardless of what some say about Petes' in general she offered a wonderful smoke right from the start. I experienced the "Velvet Hammer" for the first time with that pipe and a bowl of DurBar. She's since been retired and the other day I gave her a thorough cleaning, polished up the silver and presented her to my son Nathan. He's always liked that old Pete and I thought it was time to pass her on.....

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
In this stint, yes. An Algerian Briar billiard estate.

30 years ago when I first tried, no, those are long gone. A Comoy Guildhall Zulu, a Peterson straight apple shape P lip, and a name that eludes me now bulldog.

A

Anonymous

Anyone remember or still have their first pipe?

Soitenly ! :D

A tiny (4") "Bolo" pipe from Italy. Rusticated black finish (looks for all heck like the world's smallest sea rock), with a meerschaum liner. One sweet little pipe. Still have her.

chksbak

Reaction score
i have been smoking pipes for 5 years and one month, and i still got my first pipe in the rack, it is a no name bent rusticated pipe, that cost me 19.99. it came off the wall of a local shop that is now closed

Mikem

Reaction score
I still have mine. A Gefapip Giant (France) Straight Billiard I purchased about twenty years ago. I had Tim West put on a new Lucite stem years ago.

Justpipes

Reaction score
First pipe I ever bought was a Corn Cob approximately 33 years ago. After that I bought a few cheap Grabow's over the years and only got into nicer stuff about 10 years ago.

ftrplt

Reaction score
Kaywoodie bulldog, Dr. Plumb squat bulldog, and a no-name pigskin-covered dublin. Bought the same day, at the same shop, in 1964. Bought Half-N-Half, Cherry Blend, Prince Albert, Granger, and Carter Hall tobaccy!! Still have the pipes, the Kaywoodie has a broken stem. Liked the experience so well that i went to work in the shop about six months later!! FTRPLT

Rad Davis

Reaction score
I've still got mine! A Pioneer gourd calabash bought in the mid 70s at a department store in Sacramento, CA.

Rad

tin man

Reaction score
A Tsuge Mizki (942) that my favorite brother gave me on Father's day.

I smoke VA/per in it regularly. Great little pipe! :pipe:

Dock

Reaction score
Yup...

Still got mine too.Bought it about ten years ago at an outdoor flea market for the princely sum of five bucks.It's a Dr.Grawbow dark bent rusticated Duke.It had been smoked a few times before I got it but was still in resonably good shape.I quickly bought some cherry tobacco,a Czech pipe tool and a cheap pipe lighter and spent the rest of the afternoon frying my tongue and stinking up my folks house.

My second pipe(which I also still have) was a Stanwell Buffalo.By that time my taste in tobacco had improved signifigantly and I smoked Dunhill's Nightcap and Early Morning Pipe almost exclusively...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

hazmat

Reaction score
My first pipe was given to me by the fellow who got me started smoking pipes. It's a no-name straight bulldog that I smoked so much I've bitten through the stem. It's been "retired" but still stays in my rack. Some day, I'll replace the stem but it's more nostalgic/sentimental than useful at this point. It will never leave my small collection for anything.