First Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewest

Reaction score
I picked up a tin Peterson's Perfect Plug from my local tobacconist. This is my first plug. I am enjoying it. I still don't have a good taste for it yet. What I do enjoy about the plug is you sort of choose your own destiny with it. You can rub it out, fold and tuck, or cube it out. I suspect, each way you prep it will offer a different flavor. You more experienced plug connoisseurs, please chime in on other plugs to sample in the future or preparation ideas.

You might consider GLPease JackKnife Plug. I haven't smoked any; my recommend comes from smoking his other blends.

BTW: to get hold of Gawith & Hogwarts "Dark Plug" (It's a totally different animal from Peterson's and jackKnife & likely the strongest and arguably the tastiest plug that is occasionally available to us) you need to go to Mars. As in the following:

http://www.marscigars.com/gh-darkplug.aspx

So far as I know they're the only ones with it here in the USA. AND...since availability is a rarity, at best, you need to try and put your name on a waiting list to be called when it comes in. FYI - Mars has about the best prices on nearly everything you'll find anywhere and their shipping charges are very low as well.

You might also think about Wessex Gold Brick, which has been in stock here and there for the first time I can ever remember. It's $18 at Mars, but is a 100 gm item.

Try to get your paws on some Kendal Plug the time SG hits the states. It's similar to BBF, but sweeter. The plug smell so good you'll be temped to eat it.

I've got 300g of the Wessex Gold Brick jarred up. Going to put a little age on it before trying. Anyone tried it? Any good?