First Savinelli

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlateauGuy

Reaction score
I had sold a few pipes out of my collection that just weren't right for me. Saved up the money and bought a Savinelli Tortuga 305 from Smokingpipes.

url=https://servimg.com/view/18752034/2]
41uxqj11.jpg
[/url]

I've always leaned towards Peterson pipes, but have read so many good things about Savs that I decided to give one a try. So far, it's lived up to expectations.

I own several Savinelli pipes and I'm quite pleased with all of them.

Congratulations on your Sav Tortuga -- enjoy and thanks for posting!

That is a great looking pipe. I was looking at them on line last night. I like the bowl cover for keeping the tobacco from drying out between smokes. Congratulations!

That ones very similar to the 613ks and looks GREAT !! :cheers:  I've a friend who got one of that series and loves it but found out that you DON'T use that cover when the 'baccys burning !! Plastic and heat don't mix well !!  :twisted:  I own several Savs from lower to high end and EVERYONE of them is a GOOD pipe !! Well made, well designed and they use good briar in 'em!! Enjoy yours as I'm sure you will !! :twisted: 

Nice looking pipe. I've 7 Sav's, two of which are estates. None are expensive by any means but all smoke very nice indeed.

Welcome to the world of Savinelli's.

Cheers,

RR

That is one beautiful pipe. Savinellis are very good pipes, whether we're talking the mass-produced ones or the Autograph, hand-carved series. I have somewhere around 26 of them, and most of them are very satisfying. Some smoke way above their pay grade, as it were, particularly the new Duca series of dark blasts, the Lumbermans, and, my all-time favorite, the 803 EX Deluxe rusticated 8"+ Canadian (which, for many years, was the best-smoking pipe I owned at any price, even though it only cost me $75 new). I have more "magic pipes" that are Savinellis than any other brand, although Don Carlos, Moretti, Tim West and perhaps Polinski pretty much hit it out of the park every time.

I only own one Peterson that I've had for 37 years. Bought it new. Never really liked it. Don't understand the system bit. Don't like the varnish-like finish on it. I'm mostly of Irish descent, so I wanted to like it, but it never really grew on me.

I love my Savinellis, and several of them are among my best smokers. I've thought of getting a Tortuga for a while, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Hope you enjoy it!

I've been intrigued by these Savinelli's with caps though my aesthetic preference is to the Monsieur series.