First Smoke of the New Year...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbaldhead

Reaction score
I just thought it might be nice to start a thread to see what everyone's having as their first smoke of 2011. I'm working tonight, so I won't be able to actually smoke until I get home, about 5 or 6 in the morning. I got three new (to me) pipes this week so I'm more than a little excited to start the new year with an old favorite tobacco in a new favorite pipe.

Let us know what you're smoking for the new year and have a great one guys. I'll update in the morning!

-bbh

Home to a bowl of GLP Odyssey in my RAD Davis Bulldog. A full pipe, a full glass, and a full year ahead. Have a good 2011.

Happy New Year from the Ozarks. Habana's Butternut Burley in an IMP meer with Diet Coke on the side to usher in the new year.

Last smoke of 2010 was mcclelland wilderness while on a nature hike. First smoke of the year is esoterica penzance

Let's get the ball rolling on this years PAD and TAD acquisitions.

My number one of 2011 was FVF in a GBD. Nothing like consistency.

Some '05 Barbary Coast. This stuff ages better than most expect - there's enough VA to give it legs.

Buddy

Well I had planned on starting the new year with Penzance but I'm just finishing a bowl Anny Kake left from earlier tonight!

McCranie's Red Ribbon (2000) in a new Wayne Teipen Billiard - its first smoke - New Year's Day 2011.

So I didn't end up smoking until later than expected, but it was a lovely one. C&D Opening Night seemed more than appropriate for the new year in a Savinelli Champagne EX lumberman. Awesome start to the New Year!

Last of 2010 was G&H Brown Flake Unscented in a rusticated italian briar basket pipe...first pipe I ever bought.

First of 2011 was Edgeworth R/R in a Stanwell Nanna Design sandblast.

Both were freakin' fantastic.

Once again, Butternut Burley in an IMP meer. Coffee on the side, "Salt" on the DVD player.

Happy New Year BOB, I smoked Altadis 1M in my new gifted Randy Wylie Plateau after fighting a commercial building fire, first fire of the New Year at our department, the guys did a great job and everyone returned to the stations safe and uninjured.

Happy New Year to all. Today was a Balkan Sasieni day, all day, from the first.

FVF

Lane-era Charatan Special (i.e. Preben Holm) bent bulldog

Lucite replacement stem

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:face:

Luxury Navy Flake in a flamegrain Kaywoodie, shared with some friends on a patio overlooking the city. Officially, the first smoke was a fine-cut Dunhill cigarette, but that doesn't count!