first try a rusticating Its finished!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smg913

Reaction score
its not finished yet but I like where its heading.

for some reason it looks blue but it is in fact black

Looks pretty dadburn good sir.
The bluish tint is probably from florescent lighting if that's what's what your using in that room. That's why you'll never see florescents used in photo shoots unless used for affects.

thanks for the complement and the info about the lights.

Looks like it is going to be a fine looking pipe. The birseye is outstanding and the rustication will be perfect. Looking forward to the finished product.

Ron, you are a virtual fountain of knowledge about more things than I knew existed in the pipe world. Thanks for sharing those tips.

Walt

The rustication is looking good, but I'd do more of it in the areas you have rusticated. There are some parts where you can see the flat, smooth surfaces between the divots you've made. I think would look better if you kept at it until all of those are gone.

pepesdad1":18z20wat said:
Looks like it is going to be a fine looking pipe.  The birseye is outstanding and the rustication will be perfect.  Looking forward to the finished product.

Ron, you are a virtual fountain of knowledge about more things than I knew existed in the pipe world.  Thanks for sharing those tips.

Walt
Walt, Just ask me anything, if I haven't a good answer I'll just make something up, I mean I'll point you in the right direction.

Truth be known, when I wanted something done I could never afford someone else to do it so I learned how to do it myself. Same goes for a lot of things I wanted in life, if I couldn't afford it I stole it, no not really. I find an old and or used one and fix it. I never own too many things bought new, always second hand and I take care of them. Most of what I own is older then most people I know including my boots.  ;) 

Very nicely done! I like it a lot, can't wait to see it when it's finished

Jim

Looks nicely done, I hope you post pics of the finished pipe!

I am happy with the overall out come of this pipe. now I just have to try not to smoke it and see if I can sell it.