First venture into the unknown...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ossian

Reaction score
Hey guys!

After some lurking around here I finally couldn't resist, so I placed an order from MrSnuff! The order:

1 x Sir Walter Scott's Field of Junipers Snuff 15g
1 x Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort 5g
1 x Fribourg & Treyer High Dry Toast 25g
1 x Wilsons Jasmine 10g

I've heard you talking about Wilsons and F&T, but not Sir Walter Scott! Those are quite a bit more expensive, so I thought why not? And besides, juniper-scented sounds like my cup of tea! Maybe togheter with som gin&tonic or after a meal of venison!

Just hope I like this snuff thing :lol!:

Take care gentlemen!

Careful what you wish for Ossian!!!

I have fallen deep into the snuff rabbit hole, no sign of the bottom yet!

Be sure to post your thoughts on the snuffs you ordered, I'll be interested in your thoughts.

My second order is on the way, I think that will bring me up to 275g ordered from MrSnuff so far.

I'm not trying to be a Kaiser, really....

Absolutely! I'll make sure to report as soon as the shipment arrives!

I'm very curious on how this will taste (or smell?), as my only experience with smokeless tobacco has been in the form of Swedish snus... But that was a long time ago and the experineces were not very good!

The thing that bugs me a bit is that there aren't many woodsy flavours (there's sandalwood of course), but it would be nice to have snuff with pine-flavour (as idbowman requested in another thread) or other in the same vein... That's why I were so quick to order the juniper one!

Just some thoughts... :D

I find the Berwick Brown to have a kind of leathery / sweet cedar type 'flavor', it is very nice!

Good luck, and since I don't have to buy your snuff 8) I hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Ossian":7cou3lox said:
but it would be nice to have snuff with pine-flavour (as idbowman requested in another thread) or other in the same vein...
Just some thoughts... :D
De Kralingse A/P Snuff

Wow thank's Slide!! Latakia, of course! I'll make sure to get that in the next order! :cheers:

Ossian":9kuuypwf said:
Wow thank's Slide!! Latakia, of course! I'll make sure to get that in the next order! :cheers:
I haven't had it but based on feedback it may be what you are looking for. Regardless it will be a good snuff. Jaap and his friends are truly artist.

ok, thanks to a generous brother I can tell you the F&T HDT is AWESOME!

I'm also really looking forward to getting the SP's i ordered. I've also just tried the Poschl Gawith's Apricot which has a really nice Menthol hit.

The rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper 8)

Waiting impatiently for my order... Damn I've been dreaming about it! Really looking forward to taste them, especially Sir Walter Scott's Fields of Juniper, and HDT as well. I'm prepared for the rabbit hole... Here I come!

Been away and when I came home the order had arrived!

Wow, I wasn't prepared for the experience that followed! At first, I thought the smell of the snuff was too similar the swedish snus, which was extremely off-putting for me! But then I took a pinch to each nostril (Fields of Juniper) and the "taste" was completly different... Like an old tobacco-barn or something, very florally yet robust tobacco-scent. I thought the juniper-flavoring would be much more pronounced, but it remain in the background. As I'm writing this, I'm experiencing some throat-burn (took to much i think).

The HDT was by far my favourite, the best taste overall so far. :cheers:

throat burn probably just means you inhaled a little too hard. Play with it a little bit. Also, you'll get used to be pretty quickly and be using a lot more at a time ;-)

glad you are enjoying!

Try the FoJ again first thing in the morning, that will probably change the 'taste'

Haha yeah I'm a complete n00b at this! But I think it's getting somewhere!

And also, FoJ is super-tasty! I just don't think I'm quite ready to make reviews as I'm so new at this... It has gotten very good reviews on Snuffreviews at least!

I hear ya, I'm a noob as well. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I had my first snuff!

I am enjoying it though, that is for certain!

Glad you are enjoying the new world brother. For finer snuffs you basically just put them under your nose and breather normally and it'll go straight to where it needs to be. The goal is the first 2/3 of your nose and not any farther back, I try to keep mine in the first 1/4 of my nose. If breathing normal doesn't get it just breathe a little deeper, you don't have to sniff hard or quick to get most snuffs in (coarse grinds being the exception).