Fischer Pipe [Pipe Smoker of Two Weeks]

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fauxe

Reaction score
At best this pipe is 30 years old, but is likely more, and the quality is fantastic while keeping that in mind. The Fischer pipes are slightly documented, but there were several Fischer pipe makers at one time and in the same town so the age of my pipe is up to much debate. If anyone has any info on Fischer pipes, I would love to hear it. I've found a particular wiki article that I'm fond of on the person who made my pipe, and if it happens to be the same Fischer then it adds much more character to the pipe making smoking out of it even more enjoyable.

This is my only bent pipe and it seems to have a dry system akin to Peterson's system. I've yet to smoke from it, but the pull seems perfect even with the stinger. I'm worried about how I'll go about cleaning it, but that won't stop me from relaxing with this beauty on a Sunday afternoon.

What kind of shape would you label this pipe as? It looks like a full bent bulldog at the shank, but the bowl looks like an apple. Does the shank play into the naming of the shape?

I'm particularly in love with the grain on the shank around the logo

Please see my recent post on the House Of Fischer pipe craftsmen from Orchard Park, NY for some Fischer pipe grade stamp examples.

I am by no means a Fischer pipe expert, however I smoke almost exclusively Fischer pipes and have been collecting them since the late 1960's. Almost all of the Fischer pipes I have acquired are excellent smokers for the craftsmanship and mid-range briar quality they are. Email me at my Google email FischerMan63 and I will reply to you with some information and a pdf copy of an old Fischer mail-order brochure I have. Enjoy your Fischer pipe and look on eBay for more. Give the pipe a good cleaning with Simple Green on a clean rag and scrub the bowl with a Scotch Brite Dobie pad, then wipe it down with a moist clean cloth. Then buff the bowl with Carnaba wax. With a bit of work it will clean up beautifully. Also buff the stem with a good quality stem polish. Also, I would remove the stinger for a much better smoking experience.

PS I have a Fischer exactly like the one you have and it is a good pipe! I call it a full bent diamond shank billiard pipe.

Best Regards and Good Smoking!
FischerMan

It's more of a Bent Apple w/a Diamond shank. Looks like it'll clean up nicely. Let us see how it comes out ! :twisted: :twisted:

I'll throw my hat in the ring with 'bent pot'. It kind of reminds me of Stanwell's shape 15:

Stanwell%20Royal%20Guard%2015.jpg