Five Cigars To Try Before You Die?...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
I've been at this only a short time and it would be great to hear the five best sticks that other more experienced somokers have fired up. So far, I have just one, The Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 is simply beautiful in every way....

San Cristobal Papagayo XXl

Liga Privada Undercrown

Liga Privada T52

Liga Privada 9

LFD Air Bender

I could go on and on but I keep 2 boxes of all of these in my wineador.

Two that I enjoy smoking when I have the means are the Arturo Fuente Anejo #77 Shark, an awesome smoke if you can find one, They come out every year around the holidays, and the other is the Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro torpedo. Both are great complex smokes with tons of flavor and excellent construction and burn.

As Brad stated above the San Cristobals are also excellent and in my regular rotation, Aroma de Cuba Mi Amore and any of the My Father Cigars from Don Pepin.

IF you never get to try anything else...

Vegas Robaina Famosos

and since you wanted 5 suggestions.. try 5 :)

Fuente Hemmingway Classic
Illusione Holy Lance
Gurkha Vintage Shaggy
Punch Gran Cru
Camacho Triple Maduro

All affordable, accessible, and worth the asking price. Also a nice cross section of the cigar industry.

Ashton VSG Eclipse

La Flor Dominicana Salomones Maduro

Padron 1926 80th Anniversary Maduro

Perdomo Edicion De Silvio Maduro

My Father Limited Edition 2011 Toro

Puff Daddy":p3kbrnrq said:
Illusione Holy Lance
Gurkha Vintage Shaggy
Punch Gran Cru
Camacho Triple Maduro

All affordable, accessible, and worth the asking price. Also a nice cross section of the cigar industry.
I agree with Puff Daddy here. I'm a big fan of the following:

Comacho Triple Maduro
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
Padron 7000 Series
Cain F or Daytona

If money is tight, Rocky Patel's The Edge is a GREAT bang for the buck.

My Uzi Weighs a Ton....if you guys haven't tried it you need to. This is hands down my husband's fav.

Anything by Kinky Friedman

Tobak Especial Red Eye and Cafe Con Leche

I'm sure he has more, but these are all really great smokes.

I really like CAO cigars. There are two I would recommend from them.

If you like 'em dark, the CAO MX2 is great.

CAO Brazilia has a nice spice.

I also like La Gloria Cubana Series R Maduro. It has a lot of kick.

Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Summatra - Lots of deep rich flavor.

And Rokey Patel Edge Maduro.

...I tend to like Maduro cigars.

scotties22":3q3zvaxr said:
My Uzi Weighs a Ton....if you guys haven't tried it you need to. This is hands down my husband's fav.

Anything by Kinky Friedman

Tobak Especial Red Eye and Cafe Con Leche

I'm sure he has more, but these are all really great smokes.
My UZI Weghs a Ton is a good smoke for sure. Made by Drew Estates. The Liga Privadas are also a Drew Estate product. He should try those as well.

This is a tough one for sure! With such subjective tastes its hard to narrow down, but this would be my list:

1) Opus X
2) Padron 1926 80th Anniversary Maduro
3) Montecristo #2 (Cuban)
4) Rocky Patel Decade
5) Romeo y Julieta

Ok, this is BUCKET LIST, WHITE WHALE, Captain Ahab kind stuff, right?

Dunhill Cabinetta 1982
H. Upmann 1992
1964 OR Cohiba Lancero
1975 Monte 2
2000 Partgas EL Piramides

Perdomo Estate Seleccion Vintage and Perdomo Exhibicion... AMAZING!
Zach

(This quickly turned into 500 cigars to try before you die... good luck)

A bit late but I'm going to toss in my top 5.

5. Kinky Friedman Big Richard: It's been a while since I've had one of these, but that's because I can't find them in the shops I go to. Great cigar, and out of the 3-4 Kinky Friedman cigars I've tried it's been the best of the bunch with nice coffee/chocolate notes.

4. LFD Double Ligero Digger: One of the bigger sticks I've smoked. Can't say I remember anything standing out about it outside of just being a good smoke, and I don't think that's a bad thing. Definitely worse ways to spend a couple hours, few better if you're outside with a good drink.

3. Tatuaje Gran Cojonu: Great, big stick. Love corojo wrapped cigars and this was no exception. ( Honorable mention: Punch Rare Corojo which is a smaller, less expensive corojo cigar I love. Notes of dried fruit, really turned me onto corojo wrappers)

2. LFD Cameroon Cabinet Lancero: Mild, long and delicious smoke. I kept getting notes of vanilla which really tickled my fancy since I love vanilla. First lancero I've ever tried and I believe what I've read, that the lancero vitola allows a more focused smoke on the wrapper since there's less tobacco to "dilute" the taste, so to say.

1. My Father 2010 Limited Edition: I'm not sure about the other My Father cigars, but I know this one had pelo de oro tobacco and it was just different from anything else I've smoked. I don't know if that difference came from that tobacco included in this cigar but I have to say that I'd love to see more cigars that use pelo de oro tobacco.

Great thread, it definitely is a reference for cigars to try.

1) Liga Privada (never met a bad one)

1 b.) My Uzi Weighs a Ton

2) Alec Bradley Black Market

3) Pueblo Dominicano

4)Rocky Patel Nording

5) Indian Tabac Gorilla Maduro