Flash Review: SG Navy Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishfuzz

Reaction score
As a follow-up to the Luxury Navy Flake, and to further break in the B-line, I cubed some SG Navy Flake compliments of Todd. I had purchased some of this forms local establishment recently, smoked a bowl, and then received a sample from TH to bolster my stock.

In the jar, this is quite a bit different than LNF. While both are flake, this blending much darker in appearance and smells strongly of figs and sweet, dark prunes/plums.

After cubing, I let the blend sit for Just about an hour. Not quite long enough, it seems, as the first light was tenuous to say the least. Once lit, great plumes of fragrant smoke appeared, filling my mouth with a fantastic dark sweetness mixed with Lat. There is a nice buttery smooth spiciness blended in with the fruit flavors, and frankly, I am having a hard time not drooling all over as I type.

Room note is rich and nutty with the same fruit scent hovering in the background.

On subsequent relights, I am greeted with more of the same consistent tastes and smells. The rum flavoring is present, but very mild - taking its place in the overall balance nicely. This is a rich, complex blend that I will certainly need more of. It isn't as complex as say, Sextant, but wonderful in any case.

Thanks Todd!

I love SG Navy Flake, and I love Sextant. Both for different reasons, they both stand out against one another, even they are genre-similar. Good notes, FF.

8)

Fish,

Glad to share the wealth!

I had the very same experience with SG Navy Flake. In fact after trying it for the first time I immediately ordered a pound.

Nice review.

Todd

Sammy G's Navy Flake is high on my list of faves. However, the Lat component for me isn't enough to really notice all that much. Maybe that's why I like it!

(disclaimer - I don't dislike Lat blends as such, just don't lean towards them often these days so less is better for me right now)

:rabbit:

Cheers,

RR

Oh dear. I've been thinking about perhaps getting a tin and this description is really making my wallet itch!