flashlights

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the cheapest, reliable, good quality, waterproof mini flashlight is? I'm hoping to find something with a single AA battery, but 2xAA or a 1-3xAAA would also be okay.

As an example, you can find a SIPIK SK68 3W Cree Q5 for around $2 on eBay. It's a great flashlight, but it has a strobe function that I do not need, as well as a telescopic magnifier that I do not need, which also is the reason why it isn't even water resistant. I use them all the time, and the on/off never malfunctions. But now I need a bunch of waterproof flashlights of the same quality.

Yes, I know you can buy any number of little flashlights at Harbor Freight and various stores, but I have found them to be unreliable. Quickly, they stop turning on with every click, and then when you are using them, the beam disappears out of nowhere. Their on/off switches are junk.

I know there are some flashlight fanatics out there, and I'm hoping we have one here in the group.

Go to the Mountain Electronics website and ask your question.

Check out Budget Light Forum and search your question there. Or Candle Power Forum.

I'm a flashlight freak, but do things a unique way...I research like crazy and then pick a brand and stay there. It used be Fenix. Now they're too expensive. Now it's Convoy...a Chinese company doing beautiful lights for stellar bargains. My cheapest one is just over ten bucks and uses a rechargeable Lithium Ion 18650 battery. More than you want to get into, sounds like.

I will buy from Gear Best.and MTN. Electronics. Bang Goods is another site with good stuff, but you need to watch them re practices, switches, support, etc. Good so long as everything goes well.

Good luck.

Perhaps check out Pelican. Superb bits of kit. Waterproof and bomb proof, what more could a chap ask for?

Blackhorse":p5f2boes said:
A cheap price.
Lol! Yup, fair one!

I do however where possible generally subscribe to the school of 'buy cheap pay twice'.

Blackhorse":ubvt4e1u said:
Possible:

One standard and one Li Ion, both IPX-6 standard waterproof.

It all depends on whether you want it to work in the rain, a quick dip in a puddle or go scuba diving! For the first two, IPX-6 should work.

http://www.gearbest.com/men-s-swimwear/pp_157.html

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_172523.html
Thanks a lot. That first one might just work, and it has the same body as the one I listed in my OP. The second one is the same 3-mode flashlight I listed in the OP. It's a great flashlight. Though, now that I'm looking at their specs, they both say "IPX-6 Standard Waterproof". It's the telescopic aspect of the chassis that allows the water inside. That first one says a single mode, so maybe it doesn't have that telescopic deal. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the forum leads, too. Much appreciated.