Flavor Orgasm lasts only 10-15 puffs???? Why???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harlock999":427w1n07 said:
I think Yak has it pegged. Moisture is the culprit, only thing is, I hate re-lighting, so I end up trying to straddle that fine line of keeping the pipe lit, without letting it getting too hot. When I taste the steam, or even worse, hear the gurgle, I know I'm sunk...
So do you always let your blend sit out for an hour or so....or longer to dry out? I've not really tried drying out baccy as I'm still too new to tell what's going on here. :pale:

hobie1dog":ned865gx said:
Harlock999":ned865gx said:
I think Yak has it pegged. Moisture is the culprit, only thing is, I hate re-lighting, so I end up trying to straddle that fine line of keeping the pipe lit, without letting it getting too hot. When I taste the steam, or even worse, hear the gurgle, I know I'm sunk...
So do you always let your blend sit out for an hour or so....or longer to dry out? I've not really tried drying out baccy as I'm still too new to tell what's going on here. :pale:
2 out of 3 times I just load and smoke,but occasionally I'll actually prepare and let the tobacco dry a little, if needed. A tin of Davidoff I've been enjoying lately is already a little dry, so I just pack and puff that one.

When a bowl is hard to get going, is that an indicator that you should dry out the baccy more? I assume that too much moisture would prevent it from lighting easily?

I have had a few present their best flavors near the bottom of the bowl, and rarely do I get the best flavor until the bowl is 1/4 of the way through - this being true only for blends smoked slow at a bare smolder

Blends that build nicely for me, Presbyterian, HH Syrian, Kensington, Piccadilly, good Virginias, Montgomery, Stratford - to name a few...