Flying Dutchman

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbernater

Reaction score
I was watching a video from the count and he was talking about a tobacco blend called the flying dutchman and it sounds like it might be something I like. Sad thing is he also said its not blended anymore. What I would like to know is anyone familar with it and know of something from maybe some other blender that is the same. I think its a virginia, burly, and cavendish blend, a nice nutty flavor from what I heard.

I received some years ago as a Christmas' gift. I didn't care for it 'cos it tasted dry like a stale Camel cigarette. YMMD.

I've smoked it years ago and it was ok IMHO but nothing great. And being almost a shag cut it smoked really hot unless you sipped it and was better to roll it as a cigarette. I used to do that when I couldn't smoke pipes at certain venues, just rolled the stuff into cigarettes.

docwatson":vfv5je1x said:
And being almost a shag cut it smoked really hot unless you sipped it and was better to roll it as a cigarette.
That's how I remember it, too. It was a blend similar to Clan. Last time I smoked it was perhaps 10 years ago and haven't see it since then. It used to be a fairly common blend in many European tobacconists, but not anymore.

I gave my can o' FD tobacco to a buddy. He used to hand roll his own cigarettes w/Drum tobacco & Abadie papers. He said it tasted okay & even though it wasn't as sweet as the Drum tobacco, he would save it for a rainy day.