FOP Zone…sign in please!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
OK. A shout out to all the FOP’s out there in BoB land! It seems like this has become a zone for FOP’s to complain about new fangled tech and changes to the way we used to do just about everything…the old ways of course being better. Phones…TV’s…driving…clothes…the price of everything …aches and pains from head to toe…sleeping…being awake…vaccinations…being sick…being well…bad commutes…urban decline…buying stuff on eBay…buying stuff everywhere else…getting or not getting mail…relatives…strangers…crime…troubling or scary events…this or that disease…and of course taxes…just to name a few.

Anyway…I thought it was time to honor all our FOP’s (xxxxing old people) with a reminder that being older is better than the alternative.

So…do you see yourself in the above? I know I’m there. Are you?

At age 16, in my heat at a H.S. track meet, I ran the 100 yard (not meter) dash in 9.9 seconds. 60+ years later at 3:00 am, I do a 9.9 from my bedroom to the bathroom, and I think I'm really moving.
My hearing is terrible, but thankfully, my sense of smell is still very acute or I wouldn't know if I let one

Last edited:
Well, at 73 I've been a FOP for a while now. I miss being able to cowboy, i.e. rodeo, roping, etc. After surgery on both shoulders, a broken clavical, and an AC seperation, I'm just not in that league anymore. But, as long as I can still ride and be around horses I'm a happy camper, if I can ignore all the crap going on around us. Most annoying thing for me is the way these idiot transplants from CA drive.

Ok, just when I thought I had all the anacronyms (CH, SWR, etc.) here comes FOP. Can't figure this one out. Can someone enlighten me?

I thought this was gonna be for pipe smoking dandy men, lol. I can see to my relief we haven’t devolved that far. Carry on gentlemen.

Just an OP here. The chemo and radiation therapies took away the good part. I can't even flatulate dust clouds anymore rather occasionally electric, rarely atomic.

Okay, maybe I'm a FOP too. Well ... of course I am.

I mainly complain about the smart phones and itty-bitty computers (a.k.a., laptops) but I've been working professionally on mainframe computers for 44 years and can still run circles around those half my age. But I seriously think my techie days are nearing the end due to my employer falling apart. It's been a good run.

Soon I'll be bored out of my mind watching TV and reading magazines during bad weather. But during good weather watch out. Tractor time!!! Gardening. Fishing in my pond from my little jon boat. Running the big smoker in the shed. Tinkering with my tools and inventions in the basement and garage. I might even have time to meet some more of my neighbors. Should I start a Youtube channel? Hmmm.

I hope I have enough tobacco in my cellar to last a while. After all, I'm not quite 68 years old. I might need enough to last 25 or 30 years.