For Fountain Pen folks

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard Burley":ciowrany said:
monbla256":ciowrany said:
You use a good pen and you're corrct, a handwritten letter is WAAAAY better than texting or e-mail.  :twisted: But THAT takes time and EFFORT and BOTH of those are NOT on the list of things important in the 21st century !! Years ago, before the interweb we had Pen Forums and they were done by MAIL with pen and paper and we all got a LOT of info DESPITE the what's now considered primativeness of our methods !!  :twisted: :twisted:
(And here, until tripped up by better judgment, I was going to insert a comment regarding smoke signals...)
I heard stories about those days from the old timers when I started collecting ! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":fbp5kpl1 said:
Carlos":fbp5kpl1 said:
Nice.  In fact, the entire line of Nakaya fountain pens looks pretty outstanding.

http://www.nibs.com/nakaya-briarwood-light-matte.htm
The Japanesse make some nice pens. Their nibs are really nice but somewhat smaller than the equivelent Euro/American nib size. I have a Sailor 1911 in the red. w/M nib. A delightfull pen to use!!

IMHO, the best and most consistent nibs out of the box come from Sailor.

My first was a PG II I bought while in Tokyo

sailor11.jpg

As far as Nakaya is concerned, I can see how Briarwood may be popular to this group, but to get a Nakaya without Urushi is, at least to me, is to miss out on a tradition that is 3 centuries old.I currently have a custom Nakaya on the way that I have never seen before.

7571b9be6c1a1124ff9c47e9ccd91df3.jpg

I'm adding a roll-stopper in the shape of a snake with made of silver with jade eyes, but it is a "long piccolo," which is specific to a certain vendor. So it will be long than this pic. (rhodium nib instead of their usual gold)

In a Post War German mode this week. Am using two Pelokan's from the early 1950s the first is a Tortoisehell 400 NN with a VERY soft 14k OB nib :

Next is another Tortoisehell 400 with a VERY soft 14k M nib :

Pelikan%20400%20tortopshell%202_zpsmtb1mllx.jpg
[/URL]