For the heathen

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":xbbvw8fz said:
Tried a straight razor a couple of times but went back to my DE Gillette razor I've had since I was in 'Nam. Still use the red badger brush and shaving soap as well. Back when I was married to my first wife, pre aids, I used to go down to the Baker Hotel barbershop in downtown Dallas on Saturdays and get a hot shave from the barber there. It was the hieght of luxury to get those steaming hot towels wrapped around your face, then the barber would lather up and use his straight razor for the smoothest shave I've ever had!! I don't know of any shops here in Dallas/Ft.Worth that still offer that. I miss it and if you get a chance to find a BARBER who still does 'em, get in the chair and enjoy :p :p
We have a barber here that will shave your neck, but not an all-over. I still want to give this a try.

mark":pq2xecvw said:
Shaving?,,hell I just drag my Gillette fat boy over my mug dry every couple days,,,if I had a baby smooth shave on my handsome face I couldn't get any work done for fighting the women off.
ah, so now we know without a doubt that you're also delusional! helpful. ;-) ;-) ;-)

doody.

puros_bran":wy5zw67i said:
Plenty still do... They just use shavettes instead of true straights.
My Barber uses a Straight Razor on my neck and around my ear when he cuts my hair but he wont do any face shaving, he says it is hard to make money at it any more

That's why people are charging $40 and up for the shave.

In a way it tells the tale about our society.

I have a full beard, but I trim it up and shave my neck with a Edwin Jagger DE razor, Shark brand blades, badger brush, and the shave soap. My brands of aftershave, brush and soap vary.

I definitely prefer it to my old habit of Gillette Sensors with canned cream. I feel like it is better, but I guess it could just be personal preference, as I'm a sucker for nostalgia.