For the Historicaly impaired ( most of Amurica )

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
monbla256":3a3ytqhu said:
One of the most historically significant days in our history happened today April 14, 1865 and no one here as mentioned it !! Here's some info for folks who were not aware of this ever happening !! :twisted:  :study:

http://www.history.com/topics/abraham-lincoln-assassination
Just because no one mentioned it doesn't mean they didn't know about it, hell all anyone has to do is look at the calendar. As for he, they say he freed the slaves but, yet was said to be for segregation. :suspect:

Cartaphilus":5b72p2hs said:
monbla256":5b72p2hs said:
One of the most historically significant days in our history happened today April 14, 1865 and no one here as mentioned it !! Here's some info for folks who were not aware of this ever happening !! :twisted:  :study:

Just because no one mentioned it doesn't mean they didn't know about it, hell all anyone has to do is look at the calendar. As for he, they say he freed the slaves but, yet was said to be for segregation. :suspect:
Most white folks have had that viewpoint , then and now. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :twisted: Onward Thru the Fog :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":6sqm1lxm said:
Cartaphilus":6sqm1lxm said:
monbla256":6sqm1lxm said:

Most white folks have had that viewpoint , then and now. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :twisted:  Onward Thru the Fog :twisted: :twisted:
You say that like your a different color then me, tell me.......what shade of blue or green are you?
FYI, I've never been a bigot, never will.............I hate everyone equally!

monbla256":8myny8xn said:
One of the most historically significant days in our history happened today April 14, 1865 and no one here has mentioned it !!
Thanks, It must have slipped my mind while figuring my taxes, repairing my truck, going to calling hours, putting the knocked down mailbox back up, going to the dump, jumpstarting my sons car, and getting my bloodwork done after work.

Don't know where my head was, shame on me.

Actually I did know the significance of April 14th. However I was unaware that BoB was now an historical discussion site. My bad as they say these days.

:cheers:

National Geographic was all over it. They're still pretty aware over there.

Aware? Yes. I'm a history nerd.
Actively discussing it like a current event on a pipe smoker board? No.

4/14 NEVER FORGET

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

I guess it could be considered an important event in history. I'm pretty sure it didn't come as a shock to most people at the time.

So the Civil War ended on April 9th 1865, Lincoln is assassinated on April 14th 1865 and the Titanic sank on April 15th 1912. Coincidence - I think not.

Also, the US entered WW1 on April 6th 1917 after the Lusitainia was sunk, on April 10th, 1945 Buchenwald was liberated, on April 12th 1861 The Civil War started at Fort Sumter SC, April 17th 1961 was the Bay of Pigs, April 18th 1775 was the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (and several others), April 19th 1775 was "The Shot Heard Round the World", April 19th 1995 was the Oklahoma City bombing, April 26th 1986 - Chernobyl, April 27 1865 a steamship on the Mississippi River exploded killing 2000 Northern POW's returning home, April 28 1789 The Mutiny on the Bounty occurred in the Pitcairn Islands, also on April 28 1931 my mother was born, and on April 30th 1948 Israel became a recognized state.

Just thought I'd make it a bit more interesting.