For Your Viewing Entertainment.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":zze7lt9p said:
Who are those people?

Just Kidding... I love 'em JP.. But I don't confine myself to one musical style. I listen to every thing from old school PRE Classical music to the stuff that just busted out da gangsta's studio.. :D
I can go along with that except "just busted out da gangsta's studio"!

Actually, most of the time I just pick my own stuff, covers of Doc Watson, Marshall Tucker, Stanley Brothers, Lester Flatt, ect.

I saw both Metallica and Pearl Jam at Bonnaroo in 2008... Definitely two of the best shows I've EVER seen!

I think the best show I ever experienced was the Scorpions.. I got to meet and hang out with Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker before the show. That was incredible.

PB & EJinVa...... I like the way you are thinking here.....DO I DETECT SOME OLD SCHOOL METAL HEADS IN THE HOUSE?

nice.... agreed on Randy Rhodes...... simply one of the best contributions made to metal, Ozzy 'tribute to Randy Rhodes' is a must have in every collection!

Piet Binsbergen":isalckpr said:
PB & EJinVa...... I like the way you are thinking here.....DO I DETECT SOME OLD SCHOOL METAL HEADS IN THE HOUSE?

nice.... agreed on Randy Rhodes...... simply one of the best contributions made to metal, Ozzy 'tribute to Randy Rhodes' is a must have in every collection!
Damn straight!

Talkin' concerts, I spent too much cash taking chicks to them, late 80's early 90's.
The best Metal concert was probably Motley Crue on their Dr. Feelgood tour.
The best concert performance I've ever been too was George Thorogood (Bad to the Bone Tour). He had about 5 guitars lined up behind him so as he broke strings he could just pick up another and keep jamming, a hand from off stage would reach out and get the used one, restring it and set it up in line, this went on the whole concert.
Another good one was The Cult, those boys could rock.
Also saw Joan Jett-Very Hot
icon_twisted.gif
show!
Too many to list or try to recall, as I lost a few too many brain cells at those concerts.
icon_geek.png

Nov, 1987.. A young Pb with a group of friends is carted by one of the cool parents to Knoxville TN to see Motley Crew.. Their opening act? A little known band called Gun's n Roses!!!!

We were scared to death the concert would be cancelled... two weeks earlier ole Nikki Six was found all OD'd on some nastiness. The insanity of youth... Not "Man these dudes are messed up, they need serious help." but "I can't believe the douchebag OD'd before we got to see them play." Nikki 'recovered' in short order,well after two shots of adrenaline ,and supposedly cleaned up later that year..

puros_bran":e3y4naz3 said:
Nov, 1987.. A young Pb with a group of friends is carted by one of the cool parents to Knoxville TN to see Motley Crew.. Their opening act? A little known band called Gun's n Roses!!!!

We were scared to death the concert would be cancelled... two weeks earlier ole Nikki Six was found all OD'd on some nastiness. The insanity of youth... Not "Man these dudes are messed up, they need serious help." but "I can't believe the douchebag OD'd before we got to see them play." Nikki 'recovered' in short order,well after two shots of adrenaline ,and supposedly cleaned up later that year..
Supposedly, after the incident but before everybody knew he was ok, Nikki Sixx changed his answering machine message to 'Hey, it's Nikki. I'm not here because I'm dead.' What a guy!

puros_bran":fzx9aplt said:

Reminds me of an Ozzy tour that was scheduled to come to Roanoke Civic Center, like 1982-3. It got cancelled after Ozzy bit the head off a bat & got sick.

Piet Binsbergen":eqsvyn7i said:

Big metalhead here! I like something in just about every metal genre out there. Started off back in the early 90's with Maiden, Metallica, Faith No More, Sabbath etc then got into thrash ala Exodus, Pestilence, Vio-lence. Quickly moved into heavier stuff like Slayer, Seputura, Malevolent Creation, Bolt Thrower, Naplam Death...you name it. Nowadays I listen to all kinds of stuff from Dimmu Borgir, Ammon Amarth, Nile, Nevermore...ad infinitum. \m/

PB, EJin, Shadrack....... Sweet brothers!! Knew I was in good company!
Jip..... Motley Crue, Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx...... and dont forget Blackie Lawless from WASP..... every teenagers Idols if you belonged to generation X that is!

Living in South Africa in those years we were under Apartheid sanction so few bands ventured over here for us to see. There was no internet and tv was censored! We stayed in touch with Circus and Metal Hammer Magazines...... remember. Did see Sabbath and Wishbone Ash here in the 80. They dared visit a sanctioned country! in 1994, Maiden were here, and 2005 Napalm Death and Sepultura!

Grabbed hold of Iron Maiden "powerslave" when I was 12 and never looked back. My mom in law died in 2003, We spent some of her inheritance travelling the world to see some kick metal bands, thats how devoted I am. Started in England and Saw Maiden 'dance of death World tour', Therapy, New Model Army and a Priest re union! Off to Paris, saw Metallica, Funeral for a Friend and Bullet for my Valentine. off to Germany for Scorpions and Equilibrium and the list goes on!

These days I stare at my vynil collection and feel great!
Spent most of my time now listening to the Scandinavian metal bands, Demi Bogir, Eluveite, Equilibrium, some Night Wish on sundays :twisted:
The big boys from the 80's I still hold close to my heart. Last year Metallica were here and played an arena 5km from my house..... it brought back wicked memories!.......

In light of this boys, check out my post on Round Table " List your top 5 metal album of all times" please join in.

"up the Irons"
Piet

EJinVA":co595qih said:
Here is one of my favs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loyTCkV06xQ&feature=related

Lita Ford is one Rockin chick...
Lita Ford is amazing! She's been a favorite of mine ever since I can remember... She dated Nikki Sixx for some time, and he helped her to write a lot of her lyrics and music (just an interesting side-note, since he's come up a few times now).

EJin...... much respect bro!!
thats a wicked duo....... when I was 14 Lita was more than just a rocker, know what I'm saying!!!

Good to know you brother, thanks for sharing good memories!!

Piet, Are you saying I wan't the only boy whackin his pud to here cassette cover?? LOL!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fckR5u2ukeQ" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S5VxTEZMkmw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PB.... 2 of us have just admitted it!
I bet there are thousands more who are to scared to own up! Awesome videos posted....... dang, brother pass the cassette cover wont ya, for old time sake!!

Well done.... and again, true to form as always!!!!! :lol!:

Piet Binsbergen":mpid1kvt said:
We stayed in touch with Circus and Metal Hammer Magazines...... remember. Did see Sabbath and Wishbone Ash here in the 80. They dared visit a sanctioned country! in 1994, Maiden were here, and 2005 Napalm Death and Sepultura!

Grabbed hold of Iron Maiden "powerslave" when I was 12 and never looked back. My mom in law died in 2003, We spent some of her inheritance travelling the world to see some kick metal bands, thats how devoted I am. Started in England and Saw Maiden 'dance of death World tour', Therapy, New Model Army and a Priest re union! Off to Paris, saw Metallica, Funeral for a Friend and Bullet for my Valentine. off to Germany for Scorpions and Equilibrium and the list goes on!

These days I stare at my vynil collection and feel great!
Spent most of my time now listening to the Scandinavian metal bands, Demi Bogir, Eluveite, Equilibrium, some Night Wish on sundays :twisted:
The big boys from the 80's I still hold close to my heart. Last year Metallica were here and played an arena 5km from my house..... it brought back wicked memories!.......

In light of this boys, check out my post on Round Table " List your top 5 metal album of all times" please join in.

"up the Irons"
Piet
Awesome Piet! Some fine choices you have there. Dimmu Borgir and Eluvite are fantastic!!

Man I would love to travel around the world to see all the amazing metal bands out there. Sounds like you had a once in a lifetime metal bender! The US is pretty good for metal but Europe has long been a hotbed for some of the best death/black metal around. If I could just go to one event outside the US it would be the Wacken Open Air Festival in Germany. It's like the Woodstock of metal!! Some day dammit! It's on my "before I die" list. :D Looks like even Motley Crew is even playing this year! http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2010/

My big metal event for this year is going to be attending the Maryland Death Fest again. Last years lineup was awesome and this years is chock full of crusty old school death/thrash metal. Can't wait for it. :twisted: http://www.supremebrutality.com/

Ohhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhh....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pUru7nSyKxQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/crfrKqFp0Zg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for you kids that wasted days, weeks, months on Mario...

But to METAL us back up... Check this OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8JjQGt7WjK0" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eqS35BHIrzw" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>