Former-Eltang and Bently-Former's Design pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstodvictory

Reaction score
This week at my local tobacconist's store I was introduced to the Former-Eltang line of pipes, which they had just begun stocking. This comes on the heels of a recent Hans Nielsen visit to the store. They reminded me a lot of the Bently-Former's Design pipes also stocked in the same store, and which I own a bunch of. Now I understand the resemblance...the Former-Eltang pipes are made on Hans Nielsen's machines, which also cranked out the Bently-Former's Design pipes some years ago. Even the stains and grain patterns looked familiar to me.

Smokingpipes.com is one of several vendors offering Former-Eltang in about the $150-$280 price range. I haven't bought one yet, but if they smoke anything like my Bently-Former's Design pieces, this line should present a predictably fine smoking experience and good looks, at a reasonable price in the upper mid-grade to lower high-grade range. If you're in the Urbana, IL area you can get both of these brands at Jon's pipe shop.

Steve