Found a crack in a pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
so i was cleaning a couple of my pipes today and noticed a crack in my favorite pipe. It is a full bend pipe and the crack is right where the shacnk meets the bowl...is this poor pipe done for?

Oh hell no. I busted a pipe in half on the lathe, glued it back together, and smoke it all the time. It can be repaired unless the crack was caused by a burnout thourh the bowl. And even then....

so i just take it to my local pipe shop and they will make my poor baby better? ;)

You might check the 'Links" section of BoB for info on many of the fine BoB's who do this kind of repair work. FTRPLT

Have a look at George Dibos of Precision Pipe Repair (he's LL here on the forum). Ask him for the Sasquatch discount. :lol:

Pipes have nine lives. I've got a cracked pipe and it smokes fine. Cover the bowl firmly with the palm of your hand and suck hard. If you don't sense or hear any air leaking, you're good to go. The cake seals them anyway.