Found a few older tins thankfully

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
Well I saw where someone posted about Mars having some older tins so when I made my first couple orders with them I got a tin of Cairo 2007 and a tin of McClelland #27 dated 2006 and one Beacon and one Beacon Extra both dated 2009.

Now I am not sure I even got the #27 from them, but when I ask he had 2 50G tins of #27 left and I took that and 3 Beacon and 3 Beacon Extra today as I need some with more age on it. I did check before ordering this time since I knew he has some before when I ordered.

It's hard to start smoking my pipes again and not having anything older than this year, LOL! So thanks to who ever brought that up so I could have a little with some age on it, but still mostly have to smoke new stuff, but hey I like some of it very well just as it is.

Some I like just fine now, but really look forward to a little time passing are as follows. Should have enough of a few to smoke now and some age, but still buying and stashing. Matter of fact I have sent everyone that will buy me a Christmas present a list of what I want so they can choose form a nice list of great tobaccos!

I do enjoy the finer things in life,

Skip

Skip-

Smoke em if you got em. Don't get so hung up on age of your tobacco, as much of it is aged quite heavily prior to tinning. I'm not saying that age doesn't do something wonderful to tobacco, but most tobaccos are designed to be smoked right out of the tin. Newer virginias can taste grassy and burn a little steamy, but a little jar time will take care of it. Some of those tins will still open to reveal this fresh and grassy taste even a few years down the line.