Found a great deal on a Peterson

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysander

Reaction score
On CigarBid I won a fresh Peterson Harp 150 for $79. I don't have it yet, so I lifted the image from SmokingPipes. I wanted a pipe that defines the basic bulldog shape. Also, this will be my first Pete, so I'm pleased. CigarBid has been my exclusive source of cigar box size purchases for years. You can pick up some great deals if you are patient and don't mind playing the game. Since transitioning to pipes, I'd almost abandoned CigarBid, but they do offer a very limited selection of pipes and pipe tobacco.

002-029-23856.jpg

As always, Peterson's doggies almost define the shape !! Enjoy!! :twisted: :twisted:

That is a nice one, with a Cumberland stem no less!
You certainly can't go wrong for only $80 sir, enjoy! ;)

That's a great looking Peterson. Hopefully your's is quite similar to the SP pic. Love the brindle stem.

If your pipe is like the one pictured then you certainly got a great deal. I have a Peterson Kensale bulldog and it's fine smoker. Yours should be as well. :)

AJ

Great Peterson 'dog; I have a rusticated Kinsale with a p-lip from the Sherlock Holmes collection; same shape I think.  Speaking of dogs, nice GSP (I think) in your avatar, and is that a side by side shotgun I see?  Just wondering if you hang around on any of the same shotgun boards as me...

Later edit: Nope; just looked at my pipe; it's a Kinsale XL13 and has a taller bowl. I like yours a lot!

Blackhorse":uh7t1drs said:
Very nice 150 Harp. I love the Harp line. I have a B5 which is very close to your shape.

My understanding is that the Harp Cumberland is acrylic.

Stock photo of the B5 Harp:

002-029-13413.jpg
Very nice, BH.

I gotta say, with Peterson, if you're willing to shell out 50.00-75.00 dollars more than you would typically like to, you can get yourself a helluva pipe. It seems to me that their best pipes, those with their fancy silver work, good blasts, smooths with briar devoid of fills are only a minimal amount away (in the scope of things) from their lower grade lines that have a reputation of being troubled.

My favorite bargain line? The Wicklow's at Smokingpipipes.com. (and no, I am not associated with them in any way shape or form). I do have a very nice Wicklow 03, and the blast on it is very well done and it smokes like a champ.