Found a "New to Me" b&m in my neighborhood!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1037

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Last week i picked up a bulk called "Sweet Virginia" from a B&m that i was unaware of until recently. Bull and Bear in Naperville has only one or two sutliff tinned tobaccos, but a few dozen bulks. A few reeked of coconut (suntan lotion sprayed over 1q? rob want to give some home flavoring a try?) or looked overly brandy-soaked, but this broken flake piqued my interest. They also have one called "965" and a couple others that have promise. I assure you, fine sirs, that I will make the sacrifice and report to you.

Always like stopping in a b&m of course (cigar heavy, but like i said, ok bulk selection) I definitely got the really? pipe tobacco? treatment from the gentleman who helped me, but mostly because i was wearing pajama pants (i take my days off VERY seriously).

All of their bulks have a "House label" which makes me suspicious of "the usual Lane suspects" with fancy new names, most with "stock market" references. (bull and bear, chicago, commodities market, sports teams....groan, i love cornball humor, so this is right up my alley) I will go next time with a little more formal attire (bluejeans, clean t-shirt) so i feel a little more respectable asking who does their blending for them.

Glad you found an interesting li'l spot.

jefe1037":4fbhy5pu said:
A few reeked of coconut (suntan lotion sprayed over 1q? rob want to give some home flavoring a try?)
^-------- Heh. :mrgreen:

8)

Doing a web search for something, I stumbled across a listing for a B&M in the next town over. Said it sold cigars and pipes, etc. Drove over to check it out. It was a billiard hall that (I guess) sold cigars. 11 AM, no lights on, no sign stating hours. Could be closed for all I know. Nearest tobacconist is an hour south and another an hour west. When they get rid of internet sales I'm going to be in deep kimchee. It will be like loading up the wagon every month to go to town and pick up beans, bacon, coffee, and tobacco!