Found a Nimrod Copy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamson

Reaction score
Stopped into a smaller local tobacco shop to browse this past weekend. They carry mostly cigars and such but while browsing one of the displays I saw this sitting among various Zippos. The package was faded and it looked like it had been there for some time. Its one of the Korean made copies but the workmanship seems good. I have been looking for one of these since I first read about them but apparently they aren't imported anymore and the vintage ones go for quite a bit more. For $23 I couldn't let it stay there. I'll have to try it in some windy conditions to see if it really works as advertised.

Ouch...there is one of those just sitting around unused in a drawer at the B&M I work at...
I could sell one for $23?
:twisted:

herm, come to think about it...it is an old boy scouts one with a broken compass lol

There is a constant supply of those on Ebay it seems. Anyone know how long/# of lights you get out of a fill?

I've been playing with it and it seems to burn about 3/4 as long as my zippo with a full load of fuel. The fuel doesn't to evaporate as fast either. I attribute that to it being sealed up tighter than a zippo. I've heard some people say they don't burn long but I haven't seen that from my experience.

I had one of those in the 70's and let it slip away over the years. Last year I got a really nice one in my Secret Santa package. It is a gold color and has a nice brown leather cover instead of the 'threads' on the one pictured. I haven't scintifically compared it to my Zippo but I do like it. It is so pretty I same it for 'dress up' occassions. It seems to hold up on the wind as well as my Zippo.