Found some of my old pipe stuff!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awoodby

Reaction score
When moving around some furniture, I found a box from a decade ago with a dozen tobaccos and my barely used Peterson Killarney with p-bit. Nice gift from earlier me to newly piping me!

I kind of want to take the varnish/poly or whatever off the peterson, will look that up.

--Alex

Well ok, but figured we'd all seen a peterson killarney (ok, and I'm a horrid pipe photographer, especially with the lighting at work. Maybe I should find a class? lol)

Here goes:

awoodby":d8rir2x5 said:
Well ok, but figured we'd all seen a peterson killarney (ok, and I'm a horrid pipe photographer, especially with the lighting at work. Maybe I should find a class? lol)

Here goes:
Very nice find brother!!! :shock: Wish we could all be that lucky to just find a great pipe while moving our furniture. Of course I would have to buy it, then lose it, forget about it, and finally find it. Think I would just like to buy it and never forget on second thought. :lol!:

Nice Pete :cheers: i wouldn't mess with the finish as it will darken/dull out with more use. JMHO :p

Excellent, thanks for the input. Yah, the faux glossy is a little annoying but I can deal with it, wouldn't want to mess anything up.

The finish on Petes these days isn't so bad, they stay shiny for a while, that's for sure.

Also, there's not really such a thing as the generic concept of just "a pipe." Pipes are rare products, and are no-two-alike kind of things (unless they're brylon or something). They deserve a spotlight as an individual. At least to appreciators. :lol: :)

8)

"a pipe"

Yes, I agree, many of my pipes seem to have a personality of their own, and require different ways of smoking. The peterson seems rather neutral, but it could well be me reacting to the shiny coating. It definitely smokes clear and clean, no problems there. I prefer the flat, wide savinelli bit though (and wonder, is mine just so flat because someone ground it down to get rid of teethmarks? If so I may grind more pipes down!)

--Alex

My SMS Meer is one that has an excessively wide bit, and it's frustrating. Very hard and uncomfortable to clench, and being a meer, it's light enough to consider doing so. Eventually I want to thin down that particular stem at the bit, so I hear ya.

The uniqueness of a pipe is what is so intriguing about them, if you ask me.

8)