Free Sample

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MC

Reaction score
Received a free sample of Suliff Private Stock, Great Outdoors yesterday. Are there really people in the world that smoke Aromatics? Or is this just a really bad one. I do not have nor ever had any Aromatics in my rotation. X cig smoker and have always looked for the nic hit

Considering they are blended by Altidis who are supposed to make some good Aro's the few of the Sutliff's I've sampled are nowhere near as good as the English/Balkan style blends they make. Their #5 and Bosphorus Cruise are some really good English/Balkan blends. Give them a try .

I got a tin of #5 from some giveaway someone was doing a while back, haven't tapped into it.

I still have yet to smoke a Sutliff blend, but those that I've smelled open tins of, it's always cough-syrup smelling (sweet aros) or it smells like cardboard...

...however, I try not to judge a bacca by smell alone...

Open that tin of #5 and get a tin of the Bosphorus Cruise as I think you will find 'em to your liking Kyle. The #5 is a Lat forward blend, but not a heavy Lat bomb and the BC is a nicely balanced "Balkan" style with alot of Orientals on a nice smooth Red Va base. They are much better than the Aro's they make for sure ! And these don't smell like cough syrup or Ketchup either . :twisted:

Darn you and your ketchup. You know ketchup doesn't bother me, right? In fact, I sometimes notice it faintly on Rattray's stuff... doesn't scare me. McClelland is simply not often tuned to my "awesome" receptors, but when it is, it's great! Funny enough, Rattray's is the same way. The only one I've been wowed by is HOTW and sometimes Old Gowrie, but when it wins, it wins big.

I'll give the Sutliff a try for sure. You know I have a :heart: for red VA.

Kyle Weiss":9sak2eys said:
Darn you and your ketchup. You know ketchup doesn't bother me, right? In fact, I sometimes notice it faintly on Rattray's stuff... doesn't scare me. McClelland is simply not often tuned to my "awesome" receptors, but when it is, it's great! Funny enough, Rattray's is the same way. The only one I've been wowed by is HOTW and sometimes Old Gowrie, but when it wins, it wins big.

I'll give the Sutliff a try for sure. You know I have a :heart: for red VA.
I know, just had to throw that in for balance :twisted: I do think you'll find the Bosphoruse a pleasant smoke for sure. It's not as intense as Greg's blends, but it was a surprise to me how "true" to the traditional idea of a "balkan" the blend was. I have been keeping some of both on hand now since I tried 'em.for their quality's as well as the price point. Good value for the $s. :p