Free Samples From Russ - Hearth & Home

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same thing late last week and he replied right back. I'm sitting by my mailbox waiting.

Yeah, I read it too. I sent my email and not only did Russ respond but we ended up going back and forth for a while. Apparently his daughter and I both went to the same undergrad. He's an all around good guy.

Hmm, I got the impression that he wasn't really reading the responses, just compiling them for a list of who to send the samples to. As part of my email I asked if I could reorder some baccys from him and he didn't respond to that part of my email at all.

Sent him a message right away, that blend sounds wonderful. 8) Great find!

Also, since we kind of discovered all of this here, it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to what we think of the blend and where people can get it. Obviously he's trying to market the blend, and if we like it, it'd give credibility to BoB and help him out. Not like we aren't opinionated or anything. :D Just a thought, since we're gettin' free stuff!

I'm kind of overwhelmed by the response to my article. We now have over 200 people to send samples to.
I've tried to answer personal questions or comments, but I've been spending so much time compiling the list that I've missed a few along the way. Please send another email and I'll get to your questions.
Angler's Dream is going to be my take on the classic semi-aromatics (like PA and CH), with a better quality base leaf and a subtle but compatible flavoring that will merge with, rather than overpowering, the tobacco. It will come in a 14 oz. tub, and will sell somewhere between $25 and $30 (I haven't done the cost accounting yet). It will, at least initially, be available only on our site (www.pipesandcigars.com). If it does well, we may wholesale it to other retailers as well. We may also do some 1.5 oz. pouches, but that's up in the air right now.
My thanks to everyone who has written, and I hope you enjoy our newest effort.

Russ

Thanks, Russ! Especially for coming to visit us! :D Really looking forward to your blend. 8)

I know if it doesn't come I haven't lost anything as far as money goes. I haven't sent Russ an email because I can't stand it when I try to help someone out and they bug me. I don't want to seem ungrateful.

Has anyone received the sample yet? I sent my email in Sep. 23rd. Sounds like he had an overwhelming response, so I understand it will take some time, just curious.

Well, Russ did said it was going out the following week, so worst case he shipped the baccy on Friday, the 30th. Assume he used the slowest mail 7-10 days, and we won't count the weekend (7-10 business days), I predict arrival in our respective mailboxes between today and this Friday (11th through the 14th).

Either that, or Russ said "you greedy people can fugetaboudit!" :lol:

I may be a New Yorker, but I'm not a "Noo Yawkah"; I'm from upstate, Albany to be exact. "Fugetaboudit" isn't in our vocabulary. We're more likely to say, "Damn, it's cold."

Russ

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait, Richmond was the second show I have attended and the second time I have gotten to talk to Russ in person both times enjoyed the blends he creates, Black House was another good recommendation based on me telling him I had enjoyed the Magnum Opus

Thanks for the recommendations and the fine blends. :cheers:

Also remember that preparing for and participating in the recent pipe show could have tied up the staff of all pipe tobacco businesses and could account for the delay. Let's do yoga exercises that induce patience.

I sent Russ an email to inquire on the status of the samples, as well as thank him again for the free sample opportunity. I also explained that I understood he had been overwhelmed by the orders. Below is the response I got.

Eric,

The person I asked to send out the samples is swamped with over 300 requests (I expected 30 to 40) and is working to get them out as fast as possible. I hope you will see your sample before the week is out.

Russ Ouellette, blender,
PipesandCigars.com

Just thought I would share the info with you guys. I thank Russ for the response. He could have ignored it, or gave me some hateful comment about being ready when its ready. But instead he gives me straight forward, professional response. How rare in the world we live in. Here's to you Russ...Cheers!