free to a good home!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
wanted to try a burley and what my tobacco store had was a can of Cornell and Diehl burley flake #4. this is the second burley i've tried and both burn the back of my throat. nothing else i've smoked does this. my body just must not like burley. anyway, i have whole can minus one bowl. if i could gift it to a member of the BoB who likes it, i'd love to. send me a pm.

thought i better post that this can has found a home. thanks for the pms, gents. wish i could fill them all!

Burley does the same to me. First thing I bought was a burley blend from my local tobacconist. Almost put me off pipe smoking entirely

Cody V":2iuq63il said:
Burley does the same to me. First thing I bought was a burley blend from my local tobacconist. Almost put me off pipe smoking entirely
I was the same way with memphis BBQ. They put some lettucy stuff on top of it. :x It almost put me off good ole real BBQ Kansas style. :lol!: What did they call it? Cole slaw? the sweet sauce was quite similar to ours however.

Falconer":rfuw4qps said:
Cody V":rfuw4qps said:
I was the same way with memphis BBQ. They put some lettucy stuff on top of it. :x It almost put me off good ole real BBQ Kansas style. :lol!: What did they call it? Cole slaw? the sweet sauce was quite similar to ours however.
:lol!: Well I'm not one for Memphis BBQ myself. Don't like pork or cole slaw. Being from Texas, Ima beef man! :tongue:

Cody V":4l1omj9s said:
Falconer":4l1omj9s said:
Cody V":4l1omj9s said:
:lol!: Well I'm not one for Memphis BBQ myself. Don't like pork or cole slaw. Being from Texas, Ima beef man! :tongue:
Youda man! Ya know Kansas and Texas are only 40 miles apart! Beef.. It's what's for dinner! :cheers:

If neither of you care for Memphis bar-b-que, then it is painfully obvious to me that neither of you gentlemen know what is good!!!! The only thing better than a plate of Memphis bar-b-que is an all you care to eat catfish buffet!!!!!! When it comes to excellent bar-b-que, I've never seen a bull or cow that was worthy the sweat off a boar hog's nut sack!!! The very idea... Memphis bar-b-que not good... you guys must have your wankers in a bag of peanuts... 'cause you're both f*cking nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Just my humble opinion!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Robert

beebiz":8v25mll5 said:
If neither of you care for Memphis bar-b-que, then it is painfully obvious to me that neither of you gentlemen know what is good!!!! The only thing better than a plate of Memphis bar-b-que is an all you care to eat catfish buffet!!!!!! When it comes to excellent bar-b-que, I've never seen a bull or cow that was worthy the sweat off a boar hog's nut sack!!! The very idea... Memphis bar-b-que not good... you guys must have your wankers in a bag of peanuts... 'cause you're both f*cking nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Just my humble opinion!!

Robert
We keep learning more and more about ole Broom Face. Not only is he a novice at pipe smoking but now we know he's a novice when it comes to BBQ! I'd send him some mouth watering Kansas angus steaks but I don't want to part with them. :king:

Falconer":afkn67s4 said:
beebiz":afkn67s4 said:

Robert
We keep learning more and more about ole Broom Face. Not only is he a novice at pipe smoking but now we know he's a novice when it comes to BBQ! I'd send him some mouth watering Kansas angus steaks but I don't want to part with them. :king:
AAAAh... Angus steaks... my taste buds are matured quite well enough to know how delicious those are!!! However, what my birdbrained Dutchman brother's infantile taste buds fail to allow him to recognize is that though there is no question as to the high quality steaks that are contributed by the Black Angus population, there never has been... nor, shall there ever be a bovine... Angus or otherwise... that is worthy so much as a small taste of good bar-b-que sauce... much less the honor and privilege of being bathed in it! That honor and privilege is reserved for only the finest quality pork shoulders!!!!! Brother Dutch... I will pray that this mystery is soon revealed to you! I shudder to think that an expert pipes-man such as yourself would be deprived such knowledge all the days of your life!!!! :king: :king:

Robert

Cody V":04k4uijc said:
glad to know it's not just me....

bruins":ukkks2hj said:
Cody V":ukkks2hj said:
glad to know it's not just me....
Sorry for the hijack, brother Bruins. But, Valky started it!! :lol: :lol:

Burley irritates me a bit too.

As for all I care to eat Catfish.... I've quite literally had ALL I care to eat. Just now.

:lol:

Sasquatch":yczgka2o said:
Burley irritates me a bit too.

As for all I care to eat Catfish.... I've quite literally had ALL I care to eat. Just now.

:lol:
hey sasquatch, i kind of bombed out at the tobacco store i went to (as far as the recommendations you gave me go), but i did pick up a can of McClelland's oriental number 1 (apparently red virginias with a heavy amount of oriental). anyway, i quite like it. a bit flora, very gentle. still going to get some presbyterian, though.

beebiz":hm4ot6sz said:

Robert
Dead on correct...You ever eat at Neil's in Dyersburg. Very nice.

I like Solani Aged Burley Flake. It breaks in a pipe pretty well too.

cigarsarge":4vjvbkgi said:
beebiz":4vjvbkgi said:

Robert
Dead on correct...You ever eat at Neil's in Dyersburg. Very nice.

I like Solani Aged Burley Flake. It breaks in a pipe pretty well too.
Thank you, sir!! Unfortunately, I've not had the pleasure of eating at Neil's. But, the next time I have to go see my Endocrinologist that is in Dyersburg, I'll see what I can do about giving them a try!!!

I'll be the first to admit that I know little about pipes. But, when it comes to food... I'm a fat man... that makes me an expert on what is good to eat!!! :lol:

Robert

Robert, Robbie, Rob, We aren't novices when it come to the hog either. There's a place here in Kansas, Guy and Maes bare butt BBQ, that is so good Johnny Carson used to have the ribs flown to him in Bev Hills! It's in a town of about 100 pop. cash on the barrel only and beer on tap only and you wouldn't want to spoil the flavor exquisite with BBQ sauce. Still served on newspaper after 40 years plus. I've never found any better. You see old boy smoked meat (of all kinds) is our motto. I'm purdy darn good at it myself IMHO. smoked a slab of bacon this weekend, Yummmmmm!

New Smoker":tmiezo0y said:
Falconer":tmiezo0y said:
smoked a slab of bacon this weekend, Yummmmmm!
In an Oom Paul no less :lol: :lol: :lol:
5 smells I simply cannot resist, popcorn, hickory smoke, coffee, bacon and VaPers! :tongue:

Falconer":bruyqdl1 said:
Robert, Robbie, Rob, We aren't novices when it come to the hog either. There's a place here in Kansas, Guy and Maes bare butt BBQ, that is so good Johnny Carson used to have the ribs flown to him in Bev Hills! It's in a town of about 100 pop. cash on the barrel only and beer on tap only and you wouldn't want to spoil the flavor exquisite with BBQ sauce. Still served on newspaper after 40 years plus. I've never found any better. You see old boy smoked meat (of all kinds) is our motto. I'm purdy darn good at it myself IMHO. smoked a slab of bacon this weekend, Yummmmmm!
WHEWWWWW!!!! For a minute, you had me seriously worried about your taste buds!! BBQ that's so good you don't want to screw it up by adding sauce to it... now, that's my kind of dead pig!!! ;) Dang, fine pork BBQ to eat and beautiful steam engines to see... makes me wish I could afford a road trip!! ;) :D :cry:

Robert

New Smoker":9xckkon2 said:
Falconer":9xckkon2 said:
smoked a slab of bacon this weekend, Yummmmmm!
In an Oom Paul no less :lol: :lol: :lol:
Falconer":9xckkon2 said:
5 smells I simply cannot resist, popcorn, hickory smoke, coffee, bacon and VaPers! :tongue:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: