Fresh From The Barn

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewest

Reaction score
I ran into a friend of mine today. In addition to his full time job, he farms and raises burley and dark fire tobacco. While discussing our high school careers as tobacco field hands, I lit my pipe up. He recommended next fall when the crop comes in, I should come out to his farm and get a boxful of each type of leaf, straight out of the barn, and experiment with it.
Then when I get home this afternoon, I mention this to my wife. She has no interest in pipe smoking whatsoever. Instead of the usual "that's nice dear" shrug, out of nowhere, she says "I have a slap chop in the kitchen that I never use. You should soak the leaves in whiskey or something, chop it up, and put it in the sun for a few days, and see what you end up with". As I picked my jaw up off the floor, I wondered if she was on to something?
Any thoughts on the idea? I have chewed tobacco straight out of the barn, and some of my grandfather's buddies used to roll fresh leaves up and smoke them like cigars. But i never thought about pipe tobacco.

Food for thought!
:scratch: