Friborg and Treyer Old Paris

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
My 2nd Mr Snuff order arrived. Again, one week :) Along with backup tins of Berwyck Brown and Santo Domingo, I opted to try F&T Old Paris. This was, admittedly, based solely on a couple of comments garnered from the web where guys said these two F&T snuffs were the best they made. Since I already fell quickly in love with Santo Domingo I had to try Old Paris.

In comparing these two, SD is considerably more coarse. OP is fluffier and requires more care when snuffing so as not to take it quickly back into the sinuses. That said, it isn't all that difficult to manage and the snuff behaves well for me, meaning I don't get the sneeze impulse, excessive drip or an unpleasant drain. The initial aromas, like SD, are quite refined and outstanding. SD is dark, earthy and richly tobacco oriented in flavor while OP is considerably lighter, softer, slightly floral and herbaceous. The longevity is about the same as SD, which has gotten better for me as I gain more experience. The negatives I experienced the first week or so snuffing (sneezing, drip) has diminished greatly and with that my ability to enjoy snuff has greatly improved.

While I like Berwyck Brown and have come to really like the SG Kendal that gave me fits originally, these F&T snuffs are really head and shoulders better than the others, imho.

Geeze, I think I have at least a years worth of snuff sitting here already :lol:

Nice review. Sounds like a winner. I need to get some Old Paris next time around.

Blackhorse":rsoef49v said:
You have some Viking Dark in your collection...right?
No. Both times I placed an order with mr snuff he was out of stock. I want to try that one next time round, and some of those schmalzers.

Having read this post I bought myself some Santo Domingo and its great - many thanks!

Blackhorse":rqf8z0yp said:
Yeah...it's one of 'the best of the best of the best'.

(to quote Will Smith in MIB)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Tommy Lee Jones, MIB:

A PERSON is smart. PEOPLE are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals. And you know it.

One of my favorite movie quotes.